Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

What's making me smile this week...

other than knowing I will meet my son in less than 7 days...

In the midst of the craziness that has become our life these days, B and I have found ourselves a bit stressed and a bit worrisome over the events that are soon to transpire.  Um, HELLO we are going to be parents at least 3 weeks sooner than we ever anticipated...ahhhhhhh!!!  Thus, I have to think, what am I REALLY stressed about?!?  Nothing.  And my worries?  They too should soon subside.  I know they most definitely will the moment I hold my sweet, sweet baby boy in my arms for the very first time.  Things are pretty serious and will be until we meet him...he IS the most important thing.

but in the meantime, we also have a few terrific things going on.  One, our son coming is terrific.  It's beyond terrific.  It's actually terrifically untoppable...BUT we also have a certain little game going on this Saturday.  The University of Kentucky has made it to the Final Four for the second year in a row and the Elite Eight for the 3rd year in a row...holy cow, we're back on top where we belong...where every UK fan has always known we stand...and where every UK fan has never given up hope to be.  It feels good and well, it feels right.  The only kink in this excitement is the fact that we have to play Louisville.  I have many a Louisville fan friends and this will undoubtedly anger them a bit, but I absolutely, wholeheartedly DETEST Louisville.  Seriously.  I cringe at the thought of playing against a team that many friends root for...I can just see it getting UGLY.  And heaven forbid if UK were to have an 'off' day and UofL pull off a surprise win, we'd probably have to move.  Louisville IS  a good team, and they are capable of great things...I'd just hate nothing more than to be the great thing they're capable of beating. I don't think I could stomach a loss to them.  So until the game happens, here are a few little things that have been making me smile...





















And finally, here some pics of things at my school shower yesterday...



My teammates are so thoughtful and so are the other people that I'm blessed to work with.  Did you SEE my cake and did you SEE my cupcakes?!?  I love, love, loooooooove them!!!  So precious!  My teammate, Page, even arranged to have my preggo punch for me...ahhhhh!!!!  Remember me saying that's all I drank for weeks and weeks back at the beginning of my pregnancy?!?  It and Ale8 are the nectar of the gods.  Seriously.  I highly recommend trying it.  Tee-hee!

Now, off to the doctor we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment