Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, March 3, 2012

32 weeks update

How far along: 32 weeks, 5 days

Size of our little Jackrabbit: a small pumpkin/ squash!


Best moment this week: getting to see Little Boo with his Mamaw, Papaw, and Daddy present at the 32 weeks check-up (tons of pics from the check-up are posted below)!  It was BEYOND incredible and such a special moment that I'll cherish forever.  I'm so glad they were able to be there and experience the magic growing inside me.  And I love it even more that our son looks like his Daddy and even has some of his mannerisms.  It just shows the love that is present around us and within us and makes me all that much more excited to meet our little guy.  7-8 weeks to go!!!  EEEEEK!!!

Other notable moments: My shower at my Aunt Kathy's, hosted by my 3 aunts.  It was truly wonderful and we feel so blessed having so many tremendous people there, showering our Boo with so much love :)  Thank you everyone for your thoughts, well wishes, and support!

Also, finding out that I have not gained 1 pound in the last 4 weeks!  YAAAAAYAAAAYAYAYAYAY!!!  I have gained quite a bit of weight so far in the pregnancy and I've been really freaking out and struggling with it, so that was a nice moment seeing that number not change.

Symptoms: swollen, swollen, swollen.  I have reached the end of being able to fit my wedding band and engagement ring on my finger...boooo.  I feel like people in public are judging me on that note.  I love wearing my rings...they are usually BIG on my ring finger and now, I can't get them past my knuckle.  My fingers are sausages, seriously.  I have sausage hands.  I also, for the first time ever, have what seems to be kankles.  Foul.  My mom painted my toenails for me yesterday when we were in their basement for the storms because I can't bend over or bend down to get to them now.  Foul again.

Mood: good mood, just emotional!  I have gone emo.

Cravings/ aversions: Craving sweets.  I DEMOLISHED a sleeve...and then an entire BOX of Thin Mint cookies in less than 24 hours.  It was pathetic.  I am pathetic.  But they were so, so good.  I can also safely say that I have Buffalo Sauce bottles left in every outlet possible in the surroundings areas.  Seriously, anywhere I go, I should have one at my disposal.

Sleep: I don't wanna brag, but I got up at 10:15 a.m. today.  And I am out on the couch by 9...every night.  I am having NO trouble with this.  I keep waiting on the bottom to drop out, but it's not and I'm loving every minute of all the sleep I'm getting...and it's like my body cannot get enough.  Uh oh.

What I miss/ am looking forward to: meeting Little Boo!!!  He will be here before we know it!  Also, March Madness begins with the SEC tournament next weekend and then selection Sunday next Sunday.  I absolutely LOVE this time of the year!!!  YAAAAY!  B has said all along, "Little Homie will be here after a basketball season" and well, yes he will be...he's almost here!

Randomness: shaving my legs is a luxury of the past.  I have to sit down in the shower and contort my body in ways that would make a circus performer jealous.  It's a sight, I tell ya.  You read before that I had to have my mom paint my toenails.  I'm pathetic.

Maternity clothes: none this week.  Holllllllllerrrrrrrr!  Am I going to be able to make it 7 more weeks without them?!?  Who knows...we'll see!

Movement: he's jumping Jack flash!  I found out that his "sharkfin" is not his booty or his head, it's his back!  He is face down with his face on my lower left side and he is diagonal across my stomach with his feet and booty up under my right rib cage.  Therefore, he is NOT head down in the position he should be...he has a few weeks to get there and if he doesn't...he'll be taken out via c-section.

Belly button in or out?: in, but it's f-uuuu-uuuu-nky looking.

Milestones for little man: he's getting more cramped in there!  He is supposed to weigh 3.8 lbs, but he weighs 3 1/2 lbs...not too much smaller than where he should be.  Jack is about 18 inches long at this point, and he even could grow more than an inch here in the next week!  He has his eyes closing during sleep and opening while he's awake...and he is becoming more cognizant of day and night as well.  His skeleton is hardening too! Good news as well... he has reached an important milestone about now: the development of his own immune system that (along with antibodies from me) will be able to provide protection from mild infections.  Makes senses seeing as how I am still affected with the nose and chest funk from weeks ago!  

Here are some pics from our last appointment:
this is my favorite...he's like, "ugh, ANOTHER picture?!?"  The paparazzi are always on his butt...

"No more pictures,  pleeeease!"

sticking his tongue out!

sticking his tongue out!

those arms did not move from his face!

looking JUST LIKE Brad Thomas here

yeah... it's a rough life, kid.

he's got big ol' feet!

this is the first picture she got and wouldn't you know, he was sucking his thumb again?!?  Little stinker.

arm up by his face again

foot/ leg propped up...chillin'

the most precious face I've ever seen :)

some of Daddy's mannerisms right here...


crossed legs and feet 

No comments:

Post a Comment