Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, March 23, 2012

I'm a worrier, it's what I do...

...and apparently sometimes for good reason.  Today, we went back to the doctor and had an ultrasound for growth monitoring of Little Boo.  Well, I've worried that this blood pressure issue could be affecting him and it seems that my worries were somewhat legit.  You see, Jack has only gained 2 ounces IN 3 WEEKS.  Yes folks, since my last ultrasound, Jack Robert Thomas has gained no weight.  He was already little then...went from being in the 19th percentile for weight all the way down to the 9th which is where a baby at 33 weeks should weigh, not a baby at almost 36. And NOT music to my ears.  This is quite a concern.  I too have gained NO weight in well over 7 weeks (I have actually LOST it).  While that is something I had wished for as I hated...no wait, detested seeing the scale creep up and up (sometimes more drastically than others), I certainly did not think it would affect my son.  Has it affected my son?  Let's be clear, I have NOT been dieting or watching what I eat...I'm pregnant, I eat everything and I eat all the time!  So has my high blood pressure been affecting him?  Why is he not gaining any weight??  I am freaking out!  It doesn't help that MY doctor is on vacation this week.

They ran several tests today on his breathing, his heart functioning, his movement, etc...and he passed all with flying colors (perfect score, actually), but he is just little.  Reeeeaaallly little.  The good news, is that my BP was actually perfect for the first time in weeks which just shows us that bed rest IS the best thing for us overall and it was the right decision/solution.  So good news there.  But how do I get Jackbaby to gain weight?!?  I go back Monday and then again for another ultrasound on Thursday, but they could be taking him on April 2nd or 3rd once I hit 37 weeks due to this low birth weight and high BP.  She said it could be better because they can monitor him and do so much more for him once he is outside of the womb.  No parent wants to hear that something isn't going as perfectly with your child as you had hoped.  I am just worried.  Really, really worried.      

No comments:

Post a Comment