Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

34 weeks!

Every week I am amazed by how much closer we get to D-DAY....AHHHHHH!!!  EXCELLENT NEWS: I only have 17 days of work left....double ahhhhhhh!!!  Am I prepared?  Ummm...NOPE!  Spring Break is 12 school days away so I plan on finalizing all of my sub stuff then.  On that note, the sub I have?!?  Ummm...AMAZING!!!  I could not ask for a better person to be there with my babies while I'm home with MY baby...just another blessing to add to my list!

How far along: 34 weeks, 1 day

Size of our little Jackrabbit: a durian!  
um, WTF is THAT?!!!?  
 

Best moment of the week: MARCH MADNESS HAS BEGUN!!!  woooooo hoooooo!!!  I love, love, looooooooove this time of year!!!  Hopefully, this is the year UK brings home number 8!  And what a lucky year this is...great for a certain someone to make his appearance!

other notable moments: I received a package in our school courier yesterday from Patty (one of my teammies at my previous school) and it had outfits for Jackbaby!  They were so, so precious!

Also, when B got home yesterday, as soon as he started talking, Jackman must have heard his Daddy's voice and got excited because he was kicking like crazy!  It was precious!  I love that he already recognizes the voice of his Daddy who cannot wait to meet him either!  They are going to be the BEST pair!

worries/ anxieties: having enough days for my maternity leave - every year I've taught, I've had to have some kind of surgery (hernias, emergency gallbladder removal, kidney stones, knee x 3, stomach, etc.) and thus, I've used most of my sick days that we teachers can accumulate over the years (I should have about 90 banked up by now - but I barely have a fraction of that!  Seriously.) and do not have many for my leave.  We have to use our sick days for maternity leave - we are not just given days...And if I do not have days, I have to take days without pay.  Well, I am working for a reason...we need money, yo!  So I am quite worrisome about these working out!  The good thing about a teacher's sick bank, is that other teachers can donate to it, but I feel so uncomfortable asking for them...and then people at my school are so young that they don't have many themselves.  I am considered a semi-veteran teacher and I'm only about 1/4 of my years in before retirement...crazy!

Also, I've got some details to work out in Jack's nursery AND, B and I are having a hard time deciding if we need some of the things we thought we would on our registry.  For instance, do we NEED a pack n' play?  Should Jack have a bouncer or an exersaucer?  Do we NEED a bassinet?  We are confused...ahhh!!!

Symptoms: swollen, swollen, swollen!  Wearing my wedding rings is a thing of the past...for now :(  I feel so nekked.  I'm also having some swollen ankles and feet (not too bad), and am dealing with a "tiny tank" in the bladder department (booo...as a teacher, this is TOUGH!).  I'm H-O-T HOT, HOT, HOT all the time...like yowza!  I am already incredibly hot-natured...extra weight and not moving too fast...yikes!  It's a furnace everywhere!

Mood: GREAT mood!  Do YOU see THIS weather?!?

Cravings/ aversions: my appetite is back...boooooo.  I was hoping to see no weight gain on the scales on Thursday, but who knows??

Sleep: outstandingly...still!  Thank goodness!

What I miss/ am looking forward to: I miss wearing my cute little spring dresses.  This week is PERFECT for them and well, many just do not look right!  I'm looking forward to having Friday off...I see basketball watching ALL DAY in my future!  Yesssssss!!!

Movement: He's so predictable!  I love it!  He also gets hiccups quite a bit...is this normal to have them so much?!?

Milestones for little man: At about 20 inches and nearing 5 lbs, Jack still has a bit of growing to do over the next few weeks!  He may gain anywhere from one pound to several by his due date!  Eeeeek!  Accordingly, fat continues to accumulate at a rapid pace these days on little guy.  Also growing at an incredible pace is his brain power.  At this point, all of Jack's major organs should be nearly complete.  His kidneys are completely developed and his liver is functional and capable of processing waste products.

Randomness: I was trying to put on shorts to sleep in last night and, I very well couldn't bend over to get them up, so I tried my crazy little shimmy dance...I ended up face planting the couch.  It was magical.  bahahaha.

...less than 6 weeks until we meet our little guy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment