Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, March 22, 2012

35 week update

I am writing this post to you from HOME...during the middle of the day...and it's Thursday!  Ahhhhh!!! While being on bed rest is quite the stress inducing thought for me with my not having near enough sick days situation (see the post before this for explanation), I must admit: I am kind of enjoying that I'm partially fulfilling my dream of eventually becoming a stay at home mommy...which will most likely never happen so I'll relish in this while I can!  Hey, dare to dream, huh?!?  There really is so much I've needed to get done and have been freaking out about there not being enough time...so I do feel that my prayers have been answered on that note...BUT I must also admit that I DO already miss my students and interacting with other grown-ups during the day and I AM constantly worried about having sick days.  The whole situation is making me so anxious to meet little guy...I just cannot wait until he's here.  I know all worries will subside the minute I see his precious face and hold my tiny, sweet, angel baby in my arms.  He could come ANY day and be great, per the doctor so that is excellent news too!     

How far along: 35 weeks, 3 day

Size of our little Jackrabbit: a butternut squash!  
I'm not a fan of butternut squash, but I AM a fan of sweet Jackbaby growing, growing, growing!!!

OR...a "Crenshaw Melon" (WTF is THAT?!?)  Here's a pic...

Best moment of the week: MARCH MADNESS!!!  That is seriously ALL my father and I did this past weekend...watch basketball.  And... it was a BLAST!  B was out of town for his best friend's bachelor party (after our scare at the doctor on Thursday, he was saying he wasn't going to go, but there was NO way I was going to let him do that because I knew Jack and I were just fine) so I was put on lockdown (my modified bed rest) at Daddy Bob (BigBob - per Jack's name for him) and Mama Suz's.  Thus, I told my dad he was NOT allowed to work on Saturday and we had to spend the entire weekend watching every basketball game possible...which was EXACTLY what we did.  I loved every minute of extra time with my amazing fam! They took GREAT care of me and my mama made me some delicious food.  They're just the best and while I could NOT wait to see my Braddy Beawr, I still was quite sad leaving the fam on Sunday.  I really am so blessed to have such wonderful family who takes such excellent care of me and Baby Jack.

other notable moments:I lost 5 pounds from Thursday to Monday!  Hollllllerrrrr!  The only negative thing about that is, is that is symptomatic of my blood pressure issue because I've been so nauseas and haven't been eating much.

Another notable moment:
I was sitting in my chair at the front of my classroom and Jack was moving so much, my students could see it from their seats...it was awesome and we had so much fun watching him move!

Also (and FINALLY), UK is in the SWEET SIXTEEN!!!  We are still on top where we belong, people! Yes, we had to play my alma mater (WKU) in the first round, but there was NEVER a choice for me as to who to root for.  I spent almost 5 years at WKU and loved every minute (I seriously have the best memories of college), but I've lived in the Lexington area and been a fan of the Big Blue for over 28 years...my entire life.  I am all for WKU when they're playing anyone but UK and when it comes to being against UK, there is NO choice...C-A-T-S all the way!  Hopefully, this is OUR year to bring home title number 8!

worries/ anxieties: having enough days for my maternity leave.  As I've been saying, we have to use our sick days for maternity leave - we are not just given them...and if I do not have days, I have to take days without pay. Well, I only needed a few before I was put on bed rest...but now that I'm on bed rest, I need 28 more days. Gulp!  The good thing about teaching is that other teachers or school employees can donate to my sick bank, but I feel uncomfortable asking anyone because I do not want them to feel obligated. I am so, so, sooooo very, very grateful to those that have donated so far...I cannot tell you how very much it means to B and me!  It really helps my stressing mindset a whole lot!

Also, I've still got some details to work out in the nursery, but this is now a GREAT thing because it gives me something to do and devote my attention to with all my time off that I now have!

Symptoms: Now that I am home and resting, my swelling is much, MUCH less.  Other good news on the symptoms front: while my BP may be high, they are confident it is just from stress and NOT because of preeclampsia .  Thus, that is what prompted them to put me on bed rest and banned me from working (her exact words were NO way, NO how, NOT happening...eeek!) because Jack is doing phenomenally in here, but being that my high BP is stress induced, that could be extremely detrimental to his well being...which we obviously do not want. It's also a good thing because I need to relax and rest so I'm not fully confined to the bed or couch.  I can actually get out and have lunch or see a movie, I just cannot do anything that could be stressful or elevate my BP.  I asked about my two upcoming showers and she said I can go to both...YAY!

Apparently, I also have the telltale stride...the pregnant penguin waddle, per comments from many!  Bahahaha!  Wide load coming through!

Mood: While I may be stressed, I am in a FANTASTIC mood!  I have time to really enjoy this pregnancy and I am taking FULL advantage of it!  I'm actually going to make this bed rest my b*tch and totally dominate it!  bahahahahahaha!

Cravings/ aversions: my appetite is back to not really being there.  I have just been so nauseas that I am eating far less...but once I do start, I find it hard to stop...eeeek!  I have been instructed to really limit my sodium intake so I went yesterday and got me a bunch of fresh fruit and veggies to eat while I am home and now have time to fix something that is healthy.  I am also always craving buffalo wings and buffalo wing sauce and ALWAYS something sweet.  I've also been really craving Rally's fries for some reason which is obviously not good for restricting sodium intake.  The Rally's in Winchester has the best Ale8 in the world.  Seriously...I have absolutely NO idea what they do to it, but it is amazing!  The nectar of the gods. 

Sleep: last night was not great because I was up worrying, but other than that, I've been sleeping about 12 hours a night...at least!  Gotta get it in now while I can because I know that is about to change reeeeeaal quick.

What I miss/ am looking forward to: I miss being able to fit into my bathing suits because I would have laid out yesterday and today in the beautiful sunshine and warm weather we've been having...but I will NOT be putting the foulness that was once a good stomach in the line of vision for my neighbors.  They've probably suffered enough in their life without having to see fatty me out on our back patio!

I'm looking forward to seeing my students today...I really do miss them already and I do not want them to feel abandoned since I left so abruptly without an explanation or even a goodbye.  I made them a special treat with a note attached that said, "Thank you for letting me have my Mommy for a while!  Love, Baby Jack".  I also got them plastic Easter eggs and put a personalized message in each that tells that student specifically what I will miss most about him/her.  Then, I also addressed an envelope to them with a stamp so they can reply with a letter in the mail to me after I write one to them to stay in touch!

And finally, besides looking forward to meeting Sweet Baby Jack, I have 2 showers coming up in the meantime that I cannot wait to go to.  One is with my people at school (I know my amazing teammates have been working up something wonderful), and the other is being thrown by my sister-in-law and mother-in-law with all my college girlfriends.  Knowing Christi (my S-i-L - Jack's "Aunt Sis"), it will be amazing!

Movement: I can tell he's getting cramped in there because his movements are more of his feet/ knees poking out on one side, or his elbows up in my ribs and fingers on the other side.  He also sometimes gets so lopsided in there and I have a big hump on one side...it looks hilarious!  I also love that people can see him moving...it's pretty fun!

Milestones for little man: At about 18-20 inches long, Jackbaby should be weighing in close to 6 pounds!  He is still gaining weight and becoming rounder in appearance.  By the end of next week, he is considered full term and could come any day, healthily!  YAAAAY!  It just seems so surreal!  We absolutely CANNOT wait to meet him!  He should be head-down by now, but I know that he is not.  He wasn't on our 32 week check-up and this next should determine whether a c-section is needed or not.  I know he hasn't turned yet because his movements haven't changed.  Hiccups are also always on my middle left side...where they were when they determined he's wedged in there sideways...or, also known as breech.  I never feel him anywhere along the middle of abdomen - just on the two sides...like I was then.  So, no change thus far.  We will know for sure on Friday when we get to see Little Boo again via an ultrasound for growth monitoring!

Jack's skull isn't the only soft structure in his little body as most of his bones and cartilage are quite soft as well (they'll harden over the first few years of his life) - allowing for an easier journey as he squeezes through the birth canal...IF he goes that way...it's not looking like it will.  At this stage, bones are also not fused together yet which is why we have that preciously delicate soft spot on his little head.  By now, many of his systems are pretty mature, at least in baby terms - and just about ready for life on the outside.  Blood circulation, for instance, has been perfected and Jack's immune system has matured enough to protect him from infections outside the womb.  Other systems, however, still need a few finishing touches so we want to keep him cooking as long as possible!  One such example of a system still maturing is: digestion - which actually won't be fully mature until sometime after birth.  Why's that?  You may ask.  Well, inside his little gestational cocoon, Jack has relied on the umbilical cord for nutrition, meaning the digestive system - thought developed - hasn't been operational so he'll need the first year or two to bring this system up to speed.

Randomness: I got my legs shaved the other day!  But, parts of them are still hard to reach!  I definitely cannot paint my toenails and they are a sad, sad scene.  Guess a pedicure is in my near future!  I'm also getting down about a certain pair of womanly assets.  Not to get too graphic or offer TMI, but I have always been known to have a good set.  Well, they're not quite making the cut any longer and looking as great as they were before.  I guess that's my only downside of pregnancy because the rest has been lovely1  I have really enjoyed being pregnant and am so excited to finally meet the result of these looonnng months of waiting and waiting!

4-5 weeks until we meet our little guy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment