Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, March 26, 2012

Little Boo is coming...

...sooner than later, it seems!  We have a c-section scheduled for Tuesday, April 3rd at 10:30a.m. unless things look worse tomorrow at our high-risk ultrasound...which we are most definitely hoping is NOT the case.  What that means is they may find that Jack is in somewhat distress, or they see that I am low on amniotic fluid and he is not getting adequate nutrition from the umbilical cord...meaning, he is basically starving in there.  Yikes.  Let's hope that is not the case!  I keep thinking, what have I done wrong?  What could I have done to prevent this?  I so badly just want to help my child, and cannot help but feel fault in this matter.  No parent ever wants to hear that her child is suffering or something is wrong.  Needless to say, I left there a hysterical mess.  Thank goodness for my husband.  And thank goodness for my OB-GYN.  She is AMAZING to say the least.  We absolutely ADORE her...wholeheartedly!  Like, I am pretty sure she hung the moon.

The good news is that all his other tests on his breathing practice, lungs, heart, organ functioning were all perfect - he passed with flying colors!  Like I said before, our doctor is AMAZING.  She has been so supportive and encouraging through this entire experience, always having Little Boo's best interest at heart.  Upon seeing that he is quite small, she immediately began laying out steps to ensure his safety and health as well as mine.  In conjunction with low birth weight, I have gestational hypertension which just means that my body is basically stressing out and causing my blood pressure to be all out of whack...never consistent.  I do not have preeclampsia which is a blessing, but it is still necessary that they get Jack out as soon as I am full-term because this stress and inconsistent BP could be even more detrimental to an already struggling, itty bitty little guy.  I am 36 weeks today, but they want to wait until I am 37 weeks which is next week!  It is crazy to think that our son will be here in 8 days from today...ahhhhh!!!  

Are we ready?!?  Well...that's debatable.  Most would say we have everything we need and I most definitely am NOT denying that fact, but there is still so much I feel I need to get done...my head is absolutely spinning!!!  To be honest, it's all little things and silly things and things you'd probably want to slap me and be like, "seriously Abby?!?"   I know, I know...I'm ridiculous.  Hey, at least I admit it :)
So...with THAT being said, I'm letting it all go and simply focusing on resting and the positive of this which is that our sweet baby boy will be here soon!  Very, very soon!  I am confident that we are doing what is best for him to ensure he is well and wonderful and we absolutely cannot wait to meet him!  I know the minute I hold him in my arms, all worries will subside and nothing else will matter except him in that moment and him for the rest of our lives.  I've said all along that he was our late Easter gift and it seems that now, he is simply our Easter gift...so beat THAT, Mr. Easter Bunny!  
   

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! I am not sure if you know who I am, but we went to WKU together. I have been reading your blog, and saying prayers for you and your sweet baby boy. You will without a doubt forget all about your worries as soon as you see that sweet baby. I am such a worrier so I can relate to you, my baby boy is 6 months old, and I already worry about him driving. The upside to all of this is you do not have to endure those last few weeks of pregnancy, and the dreaded waiting game. I hope everything works out great, boys are the best!

    ReplyDelete