Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Bed Rest...

So here I am...Day 2 of official bed rest.  I can't say it's terrible because it most definitely IS NOT.  It IS quite lovely having this time to enjoy my pregnancy and rest and get stuff done that I'd have no time for otherwise. My body really does need it because my blood pressure has been sky high which is no good for Little Boo. To be honest, though, it hasn't really sunk in yet that my school year is done.  I mean...HELLO, 5 months of summer??  Yowza, what's a gal to do with herself?!?  I always have 'ants in my pants' and am itching to do something, so this is quite the adjustment to not.    

However, I can't seem to rest completely because I am seriously freaking out about things that need to get done and my sick day situation.  THAT situation is not looking great.  I know without a doubt that this is what is best for Baby Jack, and I don't need to stress about anything at all to hinder this good thing for him...but I just cannot help but worry, and worry, and then worry some more.  You see, my sick days only cover me up until his birth...which isn't until April 17th if I end up having to have the c-section and he doesn't come before then.  April 17th means that there are 28 days left in the school year that I do not have covered with my sick days and would have to take without pay.  28 days without pay!!!  Seriously...28?!?  Holy Toledo, we CANNOT afford that!  They dock me something crazy for ONE day without pay...can you imagine 28?!!?

Oh geez, I'm hyperventilating again.  No bueno.  I do not feel right asking people for sick days so that makes the matter even tougher...I know how important they are to everyone.  Why would ANYONE want to donate to silly me??  Everyone has issues of their own and I do NOT expect them to give to me too!  B and many friends and other people have been encouraging me to stay calm and everything will work itself out, but that's just it...I am a worrier.  To be fair, I'm a worry-wart to the core...I literally freak out and worry about the silliest things, and this isn't even that silly...but geez, 28 days keeps going off in my head like a nagging alarm, except I can't hit the snooze!  Go away nagging concerns...you are NOT welcome in this "cool and calm" abode!

The good news is, is that my BP has been staying down for the most part since I've been home which tells me that this is the right thing to do and no amount of covered days is as important as the health of my sweet baby boy.  But when that baby boy comes, we might be living in a box!  I kid, I kid...but it is A LOT of money to be docked.  For my check-up on Monday, however (when I was told there was NO way, NO how that I'd be working again this school year), the positive thing was that Jack's readings from the monitors and tests were lovely and he's a healthy, happy, and content little man in here!  Like I said, this resting is clearly going to keep him that way.  Actually, the only way he may come early is if my now required twice a week checkups still show elevated BP each time and the Dr. says it's safe to go on and get him out at 37 weeks which is less than 2 weeks from now...eeeek!!!  Or, if my ultrasound Friday tells us he is still wedged in the position he's in and I need a c-section at 39 weeks on April 17th.  Either way, I'm covered sick day wise until the 17th.  And either way, our boy is doing well and that's how we'd like it to stay..no matter when he comes or how many sick days I have covered.

Another bit of good news is that I am not confined to the bed or couch.  I am most definitely NOT allowed to work or do anything that may get my BP elevated by stress.  I also cannot go on long walks or head up to the mall or run errands and such, but I am able to grab lunch with a friend or see a feel good movie and get out and stretch my wings a bit which is really nice and really encouraging to this gal!  I asked about my shower at school on Monday and the other in a few weeks with my college friends and the doctor said both would be fine...so that's great news too...I get to see people and I'm not a prisoner in my own home!  Thus, cabin fever may not ever set in as I AM allowed to have some activity.  There really is A LOT I need to get done for sweet baby's nursery and things I need to get done around the house so I'm going to take this time as a blessing and try to enjoy every last minute.  If you're ever out and are feeling frisky, stop by and see me...I'd LOVE to have company!!

Thank you everyone for your thoughts, prayers, advice, check ins, and calls!  They mean so much and we are doing well.  This IS the best thing for our sweet Little Boo and we cannot wait to meet our precious son here in a few short weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment