Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, March 29, 2012

watch out world, here he comes!

Well, here we are...36 weeks, 3 days: a time I for sure knew was coming, but felt like would never get here!  We have a few updates about doctor's visits...we've had A TON over the past 2-3 weeks after my blood pressure issue came on, but we are so, so grateful to have been put in so many capable hands.  On Friday, B and I heard some of the most devastating news: that something was not "right" with our son.  We had an ultrasound and were soon told that our son may have a growth dysfunction...meaning, he wasn't growing any longer inside my womb. I shared those results last Friday here on the blog after it happened, but we went to a high-risk doctor for an ultrasound on Tuesday and to say we were surprised, is an understatement.  We went expecting to hear some more bad news (I even had mine and Jack's hospital bags and my pillows with me because we were certain I may be delivering THAT day!), but much to our excitement, we found that there is nothing wrong with our Little Boo at all!!!  The doctor and the ultrasound tech did their measurements and tests and it turns out that Jack is about 6 pounds!!!  They said that everything looks absolutely beautiful with our son...he is receiving adequate nutrition and blood supply from the umbilical cord and all his major organs are functioning flawlessly.  He could even see that Jack has a bunch of hair and that there was urine backed up in his kidneys...CRAZY!  The appointment could NOT have gone any better and we are so relieved and are feeling so, so blessed.

We went for another check-up today and all was well and wonderful for a bit...but with my gestational hypertension, I have to have an NST (non-stress test) with each and every visit which is where they hook up Jack and me to the fetal monitor.  During this, I got super hot and my anxiety started getting really high, so then Jack's heart rate went up, up, up which then made me even more anxious and my BP climbed higher yet again.  Thus, my doctor says that my BP will only get worse (not better) over the next couple of weeks and that could be incredibly detrimental to Jack and me, so we will still be having a c-section on Tuesday (April 3rd) at 10:30a.m. at Central Baptist Hospital.   We cannot wait to meet our sweet, sweet baby boy and if you're out and able, swing on by and meet him too...we'd love to have ya!  Watch out world, HERE. HE. COMES!

No comments:

Post a Comment