Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Weekend Wrap-up

We had a GREAT weekend!  It was so nice to not actually have "real" plans where we had to go somewhere...we got to pick where we went and what we were up to and it was wonderful!

Friday
Friday night, B and I had a date night!  We realize our time is limited for it being just us two so we are trying to relish in every last minute! Since we were so thrilled to have a weekend at home, we decided we'd stick with that theme and ordered in dinner and watched a movie (Bridesmaids).  B hadn't seen it yet and I kept talking about how funny it is so of course, we HAD to watch it!  He liked it :)  Of course, as soon as the movie was over, so was my alertness and I was down for the count...per usual.

Saturday
Saturday night, our friends, the newlywedded Carpenters came over for fire-pitting, grilling out, and the CATS game.  We try to do dinner with them about every other week or so and we trade off cooking.  From a "low country broil" to slow roasted ribs, we've had EVERYTHING in the name of deliciousness...well, this week, it was their turn and they did NOT disappoint...they made us beef steak kabobs in their own homemade marinade.  They were sooo yummy!  
B rigged up our TV from the office outside so we could enjoy the absolutely PERFECT fall weather.  After dinner, we got the fire-pit going and then Beth and I made s'mores in our typical fashion...we LOVE them!  By the end of the night, Brad and Kody were melting everything they could find...yes, our husbands are 12.  
Firepit made it pretty smoky 
that's my mans :)
  

They brought Kobe...and in his UK wear!!!  We're friends.

it's hard to see Kody's can because it's so camouflaged 
my Bethany...the Dr./Mrs. C. :)
Sunday 
We were up very, very late (longer than my preggo behind is used to, but I was waaaay proud of myself!) on Saturday night with the Carpenters and the fire-pit and everything so we slept in and then met my parents at Hall's on the River for lunch.  Shawnee was SOOOO excited to see us because he can now read!  He could NOT wait to show us what he's been working so very, very hard on, so it was one of the best moments ever!  He is doing so great and it was incredible hearing our little Kindergartner reading!  Being the proud aunt I am, I actually (of course) took several videos of him reading...he is so stinkin' precious!  I will get them uploaded soon :)
After a Hot Brown for me and a Fish Sandwich for B, we were ready to throw in the towel and head home so he could have his "football Sunday" and I could indulge in some Sunday sleeping, but he promised dad he would help him move some things from their storage unit back to their house for a garage sale that they're having next weekend.  During this time, I worked with Shawn on tying his shoes (he has a big thing of LEGOs waiting for him as soon as he gets this next trick down) and then Cathryn and I took him to the park.  He is so animated and so full of life!  It was so precious seeing him interact with other kids and by himself...and he even saw his principal from school and greeted him very politely and enthusiastically!  I tell ya, that kid is something else :)  I LOVE Sundays with my family!
I'm a proud Aunt :)




My my sir, what scary teeth you have!

He must still be hungry


Now, we're ready to unwind, relax, and prepare for an eventful week of work ahead.  Hope everyone has a fantastic work week and we'll be back soon with our 10 week update!
xoxo,
Abs

No comments:

Post a Comment