Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

9 weeks update!

Not the best picture...but here's me at 9 weeks.
Sorry, it's after a lonnnnnnnng day at work so I look INCREDIBLY rough!

How I'm feeling...
I've started getting more 'morning sickness' during the day but the brunt of it comes at night.  I'm feeling pretty bloated all the time and am ALWAYS so.so.sooooo tired!!!  I've been dealing with some anxiety lately and is something I've always had to deal with, but it just seems more than normal.  I'm not exactly sure, why though?!?  I honestly am pretty laid back about everything so far and am not nervous just yet into this journey so I don't know what's causing me to feel a little off each morning and night.  Another symptom I am experiencing is lower back pain.  Anytime I sit down or stand for too long, my lower back hurts A LOT.  If I'm sitting and go to stand, I have to stand like a little old lady...hunched over for about 30 seconds or so...until I can ease myself into straight posture again.  It's incredibly odd!  Is this going to get worse?!?  I love everything about being pregnant so far...but this is kinda odd!  


Mood:
As I said last week, I am still in a fantastic mood!  I have been dealing with some anxiety, but that's nothing on my mood whatsoever!  Even my extreme fatigue or new nausea during the day can't get me down...or so that's what I'd like to think and try to aim to feel!  Like I've said before, how could ANYTHING get me down?!?  We're just so excited about our sweetpea!

Cravings/ Aversions
I still want Ale-8, fruits, and juice a lot...they're the best!  Cereal is also a GREAT thing for me.  Lately, I've been REEEAALLY wanting a good sandwich, but unfortunately, lunch meat is not allowed...booooo!  I really just want a sandwich from Jimmy Johns!  Grrrr.  I know some people say they still eat lunch meat or still ate it when they were pregnant, but I AM too nervous about eating it.  I'm not all that worried about my caffeine intake because I know I have farrrrr less than the recommended exceeding dosage, but I AM concerned that I will be THAT person that gets the strange and funky thingy from lunch meat.  I mean, for those of you who know me, know that some strange things happen to me and basically any random sickness or incident typically happens to me.  Random, yes, I know.  Anyway, to satisfy my sandwich craving, I've been indulging in PB&Js...which are sooooooo good!  I love the "Uncrustables"!  I was at a training today at another school (a middle school) and they give you TWO...but if anyone asks, I just had one.  K?

Baby...
I cannot wait until I can feel the sweet kicks and movements of our precious peanut, but he/she is growing rapidly in my belly!  He/she is about the size of a grape this week and the hands and feet look a lot less like paddles and have more formed fingers and toes.  These changes have given Baby a more human shape.  Baby's head is still larger than the rest of its body and the eyes are fully developed, but are covered by the eyelids which are fused shut for the next 16 weeks or so.  Inside baby's body, the internal reproductive organs, testes or ovaries, are starting to form but will not be quite distinguishable until the next couple of weeks.


Hope you're having a GREAT week!
xoxo,
B, Abby, and little Peanut

1 comment:

  1. Mydoc told me I could still have lunch meat, just heat it up.

    ReplyDelete