Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, September 18, 2011

2nd ULTRASOUND and UK v.s UofL

You may be thinking, a second ultrasound...already?!?  Well, it is because we had an....ummmm....incident?  I guess you could say on Thursday at school.  I had a student (not one of mine...not even a 4th grader) give us a scare so my doctor thought it would be wise to come in and check on BabyT to ensure all was still well and wonderful.  Thankfully, it was and BabyT is growing by the day...which was even more apparent by the oh so very changed ultrasound pics!!  It is CRAZY how just one week made such a tremendous difference!  My uterus is so much bigger, you can see distinct features on baby...even its heartrate was so, so, very much stronger (but maybe that was from all the excitement?!?).  Anyway, here are the NEW pics of our little sweetie:
I LOVE how in this one, you can see its tiny little features (head, glowing eyes, arms and legs folded in front...etc.)!  So exciting!

this shows Baby from the rump up...but you can see the umbilical cord attached!

this is Baby from the side...look how big his/her head is!!!  I think it looks like a little sea monkey here...but it is OUR sea monkey...and the cutest one I have ever seen!!

this is Baby T's tiny, tiny spine (it's a view from the back where you can see the back of the head, arms out to the side and going towards the front, and its tiny legs!)
I know this may be gross to say, but seriously, look at the change in size from last week to this week in my uterus...it is CRAZY to think about all of these amazing changes going on inside of me...and just in ONE week's time!  We were really upset and scared about the events that transpired on Thursday, BUT I have to admit, I'm incredibly thankful because look at what I got from the experience...these AMAZING shots of little peanut, that I would not have had otherwise!

NOW...onto the UK vs. UofL game...
UGH.  Foul.  What in the world?!?  Honestly, we could have a losing season, but the only loss that REALLY affects me?  Losing to Louisville.  WOW.  What an incredibly terrible game.  I swear to you, this little peanut would be a better quarterback than Newton was last night.  What in the world is going on with UK's football program?  We just simply could. not. get. it. together.  UGH.

However, we DID have a great time tailgating prior to the game!  It is always SO nice getting to see all of our friends from around the area...especially all of the ones that live in Louisville and we don't get to see that often (these were all UK fans..don't you worry!).  I struggled a bit because yes, this was my very first sober tailgate...ever.  Yes...EVER. (Sad to say, yes I know!  Maybe even a bit eye-opening too...I guess you could say?) Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE the reason why I am not indulging and am more than happy to do so, it was just a different experience for me.  I really enjoyed leaving the game last night and still feeling like me...no headache, no dizziness, none of the other stereotypical feelings of indulgence...it was nice.  B of course loves having a DD.  Not that he was anywhere near drunk, but it was nice to have "his baby mama" driving HIM around for a change.  Everyone that was at the game was just so supportive and so excited for us.  Everywhere we went, we were met with TONS and TONS of questions about Baby T and how we are feeling and what not.  It was super sweet and is awesome to be surrounded by so much love and support! So... Pat, LB, David and Sober Steph (the Blacks - the newlyweds!), Ben and Laura (the Winces - other newlyweds!), John, Kelly, Alice, Aaron and Elizabeth (the Smithers - MORE newlyweds!), Kody, Wesley, Christie and Jason, Taryn, and Hannah...it was DELIGHTFUL seeing you all!  Thank you for being well...YOU!  We love each of you!  There are so many, many people I left out that we did not get to spend time with and would have loved to because we quite simply, ran out of time and the game was starting!

Anyway, stay tuned for our 9 week update, coming soon!
xoxo,
B, Abs, and Baby T
We LOVE UK tailgating!!!

This was the AWESOME cake at one of the tailgates we were at...isn't it WAY cool?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment