Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, September 12, 2011

Our FIRST Ultrasound

We had our very first ultrasound last Thursday when I was just over 7 weeks.  Since we were in Lucy and Shane's wedding this past weekend, Brad already had Friday off and the other manager had Thursday off so he could not come :(

My wonderful mother came with me, though, and I was so glad she was there to be a part of such a precious moment.  I cannot describe the amazing feeling of seeing our baby's heartbeat on the monitor.  It was truly, the most magical moment of my life and I cannot imagine anything to top it.  He/she's heartbeat was 129 and the doctor said all looks well!  Our baby is right on track to come around the 23rd of April!  YAY!!!
Here is little Baby T on his/her very first picture!
(Sorry it is such poor quality, our scanner is down and this is the pic I snapped in the doctor's office to send to some  loved ones :)
How I'm feeling...
I get my 'morning sickness' at night...not so sure why they call it that since I have the night sickies, but anyway, I'm actually happy that that's when it happens if it's going to happen at all because I can be at home and lay down to deal with it, instead of attempting to conquer it in front of 23+ 9 and 10 year olds.  I usually take a phenergan or a Zofran and go to sleep, waking up feeling MUCH better than the night before.
I'm also incredibly tired ALL. THE. TIME.  I literally 'conk' out around 9 - 9:30ish.  Lastly, I have extreme (and I mean it brings me to tears) pain in my chest...apparently, that is all too normal as well.  I just feel like maybe since I am...ahem...blessed?  in that vicinity that maybe I'm not so blessed with the pain at this moment?  Ahhh, nature.

Mood:
I do not know what it is (well actually I do), but even though I feel like a zombie and some days could vomit at the mention of certain types of foods, I am always in such a great mood!  With news like this, how could I not be?  It brings tears to my eyes every time I picture the reward at the end of this journey (which is about every second).  B has always been my best friend, but I feel all that much closer to him now that we have this incredible bond between us and we have just had a 'giddyness' all the time.  He is such a great protector.  He watched over my every action, cramp, feeling, or move and supports me through it all...I know he just wants to be there for me every step of the way.  He's even gone out to get me ginger ale or Ale-8 at midnight when that's about all my nausea will allow me to think sounds good.  B is going to be the best. father. ever.

Cravings/ Aversions
Not really any cravings yet EXCEPT Ale-8 or juice and FRUIT.  In addition to cereals, baked potatoes, and oatmeal, fruit is what I always want to eat...especially grapes.  And I am always wanting to drink juice!
Something I really want absolutely NO part of is meat...which I typically love. More specifically red meat like steak, ground beef, hamburgers, etc.   I typically more than love red meat. BUT...even the thought of it now is giving me a tingle in the back of my throat...ugh!  The only meat you will get down me is a boneless chicken wing, chicken nuggets, or popcorn chicken.  For some reason, I have been frequenting the Wal-Mart chicken area quite a bit because that's what always sounds best.

Baby...
Obviously, I cannot feel Baby T yet, but he/she is constantly moving and shifting!  He/she is about the size of a kidney bean this week and webbed fingers and toes are poking out from his/her hands and feet.  Eyelids practically cover Baby T's eyes, breathing tubes extend from the throat to branches of the developing lungs, and in his/her brain, nerve cells are connecting with one another, forming primitive neural pathways.

No comments:

Post a Comment