Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, June 25, 2012

Summer Lovin'...

...had me a blast.  Summer lovin' happened so fast....
Touche, yes?!?  


I am L-O-V-I-N-G summer this year!  Well, to be fair, I LOVE summer every year (I AM teacher and get at least 2 whole months off, afterall), but this year is extra super special for several reasons.  


The first and most important being because I get to love on my oh so sensational little nugget all day, everyday, whenever I want, and he is just. so. so. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!  Having him right at the beginning of spring and then having the rest of the school year and then summer off has been magnificent.  I am absolutely LOOOOOVING getting to watch him grow, explore, and learn about the world around him as he develops his own sweet and charismatic little personality.  He is 3 months old next week and I still have yet to miss a moment of his life with him.  By the time I go back to work, he'll be 4 months old and it will be incredibly difficult peeling myself away from him...I forsee many a days of tears, agony, and heartbreak, so for now, I'm going to enjoy every single last bit of his overwhelmingly sensational presence and preciousness.  He is just so extraordinary and I can't get enough of him!  This being a teacher AND a mommy thing is pretty stinkin' wonderful.  As far as career choice goes, well played on my part...very well played indeed!  


he absolutely ADORES his Aunt Priss!
I am also loving this summer because it is waaaaaaay prettier than last year.  Do you remember all the rain we had in Summer 2011?!?  For this tanorexic, it was no bueno... but this summer?  Now this weather is niiiiiice!  Mi gusto! Mi gusto muy, muy mucho!  I know we are in quite the drought with all the lack of rain and whatever that entails, but I do not have a garden, I have a pool...a pool that need lots of extra attention from me, of which I am more than willing to give and give and give some more!  I always joke that I have a "membership" to Mom and Dad's pool (at their house)...Mom even awarded me "patron of the month" for tending to all the household, pool, and gardening needs while they were journeying abroad.  HA!  Take THAT, Bub...NO WAY will you be able to take ME down...it's MY title!  I know you're in from China and all, but that will only get you so far when it comes to your patron status.
you can tell who's holding him by the funny phalanges 


caught him mid-action!

that's 2 peas in a pod right there!



Another reason I am loving this summer?  My big Bub is in from China!!!  I haven't seen him in almost 2 (except on Skype, of course) years and well, I really, reeeeeally miss him!!!  Yesterday (June 24th) was his birthday and we actually got to celebrate with him, instead of sending well wishes from afar.  It has been so, so nice getting to spend so much time with him before he heads back mid-July.
those numbers can be deceiving...it's really the 4th anniversary of his 29th birthday  :)


We also have had or will be looking forward to having some big events this summer.  Jack's Papaw turned 60 on the 15th, Daddy had his first Father's Day, Jack's Nanny (my mom) turns 60 July 14th, Daddy turns the big 3-0 on August 5th, and we get to take our first family trip to Chicago and Wrigley field in September!  Big events happening here and we are loving it too!
pretty girl with a pretty boy!



Here are some (okay, tons) of pics from a few our summer events so far (well, ones you have yet to see at least)...

Shawnee is....SODA-MAN!!!!


Jack finally gets to meet his Aunt Amanda (my Bub's wife)


He's so excited to give Uncle Roo his presents :)



flirt, flirt, flirt!


i love those eyes!

flirtin' with his Aunt Amanda :)




she has that special touch!

he also absolutely ADORES his Nanny!

he has had Mommy's heart from Day1




matching TOMS!  Bub like Dad's we got him for Father's Day so much that we got him some to match! 

like father, like son!

Bob is quite the picture enthusiast...goofy, goofy


No comments:

Post a Comment