Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, June 11, 2012

I confess...

a few things I feel I should get off my chest...some funny, some not, and nothing bad...just for entertainment purposes only :) None of this is meant to offend anyone or spark an argument, it's just me being my outspoken, marches to the beat of her own drum, feisty self (true to form, yes?).  Also, it is not intended for your judgment, but just for some light-hearted fun. 
Funny Confession Ecard: I can hardly wait to hear what I'm going to say

With that said, I CONFESS...

1) I STILL sleep with my blankie.  Pathetic, yes...but I can't let it go.  It is tattered, it is mere threads- remnants of a blanket that once was, it is foul and my husband detests it...but I admit, I am Abby and I'm a blankie-aholic.

I'm putting #2 in different font to ensure every last part is read through and through and so some friends can get a quicky grammar lesson...so listen up you repeat offenders and listen good.  Drink it ALLLLLLL in because advice like this is going to blow. your. mind.  If your elementary, middle, and/ or high school teachers couldn't hit this one home for you, maybe your neighborhood friendly blogger can?? Try me on for size...

2) I judge people with bad grammar (and I know of many a folk who do too...believe me, we TALK about it!).  I especially judge misuses of their, they're, and there; it's and its; your and you're; to, two, and too (seriously?  that's the EASIEST one!) and adding unnecessary apostrophes.
NOTE: I've seen teachers to be THE WORST offenders with these and to them, I implore you: GET IT TOGETHER FOLKS!  WE ARE EDUCATING THE YOUTH OF AMERICA!  In case you need examples...it's ORQs, NOT ORQ's; 4s, NOT 4's; 1990s, NOT 1990's; or "I hung out with the Bankers yesterday," NOT "I hung out with the Banker's yesterday."  See the distinction?  Adding an apostrophe to ANY of those indicates a possessive! Peoples' last names do NOT need an apostrophe to make it a plural...you just make yourself seem like you think you're proud of yourself for having it right, but I'm here to inform you that you're sadly mistaken. I wish my family owned 'yesterday', but unfortunately, they do not).  


You're welcome.  Moving on...

Funny Confession Ecard: I live in constant fear of accidentally mentioning something I only know about you because I've stalked you on the internet.
5)

3) I have a "thing" about wearing the same thing twice in front of the same person.  Stupid and vain, yes, but I can't get past it.  I'm sad to say that it's carrying over to dressing my child.

4) I think my baby is cuter than other babies I see.

6) I lost almost 40lbs within six weeks of giving birth, but I didn't really do anything.  To be honest, I was sick for a few weeks after birth and that's it.  No exercise, no extreme healthy kick...nothing.  But people comment about how fast it dropped off and I just play it off.  

7) Even I am overwhelmed by my closets (yes, plural) and all my outfit options...

8)...yet I am still always convinced I have nothing to wear and need more...
Funny Confession Ecard: None of my yoga pants have ever been to yoga.
12)

9)...and I'm always jealous of other people's clothes.  I have some very fashionable people around me, yo!

10) And some not so much.  No naming names.

11) I am baffled by how cute my nephew is.  If you saw his parents, you'd understand.

13) Marriage is not always easy...

14)...and it's even uneasier with a kid...

15)...but I love my husband more every day and even more so since he's the father of my child; we are even closer now than we've ever been - if that was even possible.

Funny Confession Ecard: I want to defriend you, but your pictures and status updates help me feel better about myself.
16) I'm not interested in staying touch with every single old acquaintance I've ever known (not old friends, old acquaintances...there's a difference and we were just mere acquaintances for a reason and for like 2 seconds when we were not adults, what would we be clinging to now after 10-15 years?)
17) I'd do anything to lose 10lbs, except eat healthy and workout.

Funny Confession Ecard: I take it as a personal challenge to reserve my true thoughts about your ugly baby's picture.
18)
  
19) I have a mouth like a sailor.  It is terrible and terribly unclassy, and I am working on getting it in check because I certainly do not want my child to hear it or inherit it, nor do I want to give anyone the wrong impression.

20) However, some people make me wish I had more middle fingers.

21) I hate reading what all the masses are into (Twilight, Harry Potter, the Hunger Games, etc.)...

22)...but I just finished the 50 Shades of Grey trilogy and love, love, loved it :)

23) I think it's funny when people quote biblical verses about humility on Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc. and then upload tons of pics of themselves.  I don't see the irony, I see full of 'BS'ness.

24) I get pretty annoyed when people have the Ichthus backward on their cars...it points TO THE LEFT, people!  Shouldn't you know that if you're proclaiming your witness??

25) I people watch like it's my job. My Dad and I love it (he's where I learned it). Brad and I love it.  Cathryn and I love it.  Many other people that are around me are sucked into it too because I'm always doing it.  It's incredibly entertaining... AND a mental workout, to say the least.   

and finally....
Funny Confession Ecard: Nothing is official until it's posted on Facebook.
26)

Do you concur?  What are some things YOU can own up to?!?

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I've told you before, I still sleep with my blanket too, and now I have a second blanket that my SIL had made for me. It's just like my first, and is meant to replace mine when it finally kicks the bucket. So I've been breaking it in for at least 2 years now... for the day when my original blanket is put into the ground. But for now, I sleep with them both.

    ReplyDelete