Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, February 20, 2012

long weekend!

I have been waiting for THIS weekend to come more than others because THIS weekend has been a 3-day weekend which is more days off than usual!  Love.  It's not that we had some big thing planned...we actually had absolutely NOTHING planned and I couldn't be more thrilled.  Not to mention, the promise of a "winter storm" had me as excited as a kid on Christmas.  Thus, I planned on getting done some accessorizing in J's nursery while we were "snowed in", but Mother Nature is not always our friend and the nutty ol' broad decided to not deliver on any bit of her promise in the Lexington area.  Boooooo.  Don't you worry, I still got some projects done, though, and B and I still acted like we were "snowed in"!  I got up on Sunday and put a pot roast in the crockpot which gave a delicious background smell throughout our house while I painted a whale, a letter door hang, and name letters for J-man's room.
whale - before being hung
I got 3 different canvases, painted one navy, one "pool blue", and the last baby blue, then painted the whale and his water spray as you see here.

Door hang - I got a 'J' from "Michael's" painted it green, added different colored polka dots, glued ribbon to the border, and then added the letters of his name...attached ribbon to the back and hung it from his door...VOILA!

To hang, B drilled holes in the corners of the canvases.  I then looped ribbon through the holes to tie them together and attached ribbon to the back to hang it from in his nursery.  I am not completely sold on the spot where it's hanging yet, but we'll see after I get his light hung.

the letters of his name!

I painted them the same way I painted his dresser/changer: I used the same blue paint, then applied a heavy dose of "crackle gloss", then applied a gold glaze over the crackle so it could match his furniture

Next, I found several ribbons that go with the colors of his nursery so I picked one of each for each letter and attached them to the back.  I am going to hang them from vintage knobs over the back of his crib - with some other stuff I have up my sleeve :)

an up close of the design on the letters - AND you can see the fabric of his glider up close!

J's name - on top of his glider's ottoman 

Friday night, B and I hung Jackbaby's wall decal over his dresser/ changer:
we LOVE it - we just need some other accessories around the dresser/ changer before you can see the FULL finished product.

I LOVE his monogram.  Okay, so I know boy monograms typically have all the letters in a row, but this was too cute for his decal in the nursery!

Saturday, I did not do much "project-ing" because I had lunch with LB (she let us go to IHOP - Nutella crepes?!?  Umm...YESSSS please!!!!) and then came home and watched the UK game.  I was pretty tired, but painted the base colors on the whale project.

I hope you had a great weekend and were restful or super productive...or BOTH!  I love long weekends!  Next weekend; my very first shower thrown by my 3 aunts!  YAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment