Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

31 weeks!

This week has been a new showing of Braxton Hicks contractions.  Hard to believe that my body is practicing for Sweet Baby Jack...and already!  Some of them are a bit intense, but I am thankful that things appear to be in working order by this new symptom :)

How far along: 31 weeks, 2 days

Size of our little Jackrabbit: a pineapple!  Finally a produce item that I THOROUGHLY enjoy!

Best moment this week: having a 3-day weekend home with Daddy and getting many fun projects done for the nursery!

Other notable moments: hearing some GREAT news today about Jack's "aunt".  We're so proud of her!  Yaaaaaay!  Will share more when allowed :)

Symptoms: Braxton Hicks contractions, as mentioned before.  Also, I'm back to having zero energy and being tired all. the. time.  I missed the UK game last night...ummmm...hello?!?  That is soooo NOT me!  B says it might be a good thing though, seeing as how heated I tend to get; even though we pulled off the 'W', I probably would have gone off, he said, so maybe that was divine intervention for the sanity of Mommy, Jackman and his Daddy?!?

I'm also starting to get a bit uncomfortable and feeling pretty large.  It's hard for me to move around as much as I could and getting my pants and shoes on?  Big issue.  I'm pathetic.  Apparently, all my symptoms are pretty textbook: I'm also out of breath easily, have dry and brittle nails, and am having to visit the restroom so, so much (Tiny Tank up in here!  Little buddy seems to be chilling on my bladder).

To be honest, I've really been feeling like this...
a sloth...
and feeling like I LOOK like this:
a hippo
Mood: depends on the day.  Yesterday, I was in quite the mood in the morning, but then was fine in the afternoon and evening.  I was fine today...a bit stressed, but fine!  We're starting to get so anxious about sweet baby's arrival!

Cravings/ aversions: not really any cravings except the usual suspects (buffalo wings and sweets...duh).  I've also been big on water with lemons...lots of them.  B says I need a lemontervention.  He's a dork.  As far as aversions, I haven't been too big on baked chicken again...but other than that, nothing has been too unappealing to me either.

Sleep: no change here...been getting some excellent shut-eye!  My only issue was Monday night when Jackbaby had his own "soul train" up in there, but that wasn't really an issue because it doesn't annoy me at all...I'll stay awake for those because I love every minute of his precious movements!

What I miss/ am looking forward to: My FIRST shower is THIS weekend, hosted by my 3 aunts!  So excited!  Also, March Madness starts soon and well, that is pretty much my very most favorite time of year...so much fun!

Movement: all the time!  Little buddy really gets going in there and it's precious.  He's also a stubborn little thing...he never kicks on command when someone else goes to feel him...just like his Daddy :)

Belly button in or out? eeeee....it's like an alien life form...it is almost out and I am freaking out!

Maternity clothes: I wore a maternity dress last week on Dad's birthday (you can see in the pic from the post below), but that's it :)

Milestones: Jack should be almost 4 pounds by now and could be about 19 inches!  He is going through MAJOR brain and nerve development, and eye development as well as his irises are now reacting to light.  All 5 of his senses are now in working order...holllllerrrr!!  Jackbaby is back to a curled up position in there as space is getting tight.  I think he is head down as well and it is his cute little booty that is always "shark-finning" me.

Less than 9 weeks until we meet our precious little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment