Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, February 16, 2012

30 weeks!

It's been a busy, busy, BUSY week folks!  From Valentine's Day, to Poppy's (my dad) 60th (yes, SIXTIETH) Birthday, our week has been hopping just like our little guy in my belly!  I'll post about his bday later because I have some pics to upload and such, but look what my love got me for VDay:
I love Lilly P and I thought this was the cutest and most perfect bag for all things I need for Baby J!
He has his precious bag from Aunt Beth and now Mommy has her precious bag for him too!
How far along: 30 weeks, 3 days

Size of our little Jackrabbit: a cucumber!  Haven't we already had this?!?  hmmm...
so... here's another comparison!

Best moment this week: it's been a GREAT week so it's hard to name just one!  from V-day with my love, to celebrating my Daddy's big milestone, it's been tremendous!

I. feel. H.U.G.E. 
Other notable moments: Jack has been "sharkfinning" me every day and it's kinda freaky looking!  All of a sudden, a hump will be sticking up and out of my stomach and it's crazy, but I love it!  My teammates at school all got to see it today...and it was creepin' Jack's Daddy out on Monday...ha!

Symptoms: I am completely exhausted again!  I literally feel like I have ZERO energy!  3-day weekend?  Um, YES please!!!  I also am finding my appetite to be shrinking, which is a good thing I suppose!

Mood: tired...but surprisingly, not too cranky!  I am quite emotional, though...doesn't take too much to get me going with the tears.  Boo.

Cravings/ aversions: Like I said before, I feel like my appetite has really taken a nosedive.  I'm only craving the usual suspects..don't think I have to elaborate on what THAT is.  Your dog probably knows what I eat all the time...ha!  BUT, I haven't been wanting too much cereal in the mornings, which is weird for me!  I haven't had my "preggo punch" in a while and made it for my students on Valentine's Day and it was like, "la la la LAAAAA!!!" angels singing!!!  An old friend resurrected and I enjoyed every bit of it!

Sleep: absolutely NO complaints here!  I sleep like a two-ton boulder.  No lie.

What I miss/ am looking forward to: I miss the days of coming home from work and not feeling like lifting my big ol booty off the couch was a task in itself.  I literally have to do the fat-girl rock to gain momentum up off the couch...it's a sight, I tell ya!

Looking forward to a 3-day weekend!  Hollllllllerrrrr!!!

Belly button in or out: in, but getting flatter and flatter!

Milestones this week: Jack is gaining more weight as baby fat is filling in underneath his skin.  He is around 18 inches and weighing in at more than 3 pounds!  That is the size of 3 navel oranges, or a small pumpkin!  Crazy to think that he'll still gain 3 to 5 more pounds before we meet!  Ahhh!!!  He is also becoming less red and more pink in color and his irises can dilate in response to changes in light.

Jack's brain is working overtime in there and developing faster than ever.  Connections between individual nerve cells are growing at a frenetic slip, and he can now perceive information from all 5 senses.  No, he cannot smell anything right now, but that's only because he is still submerged in amniotic fluid and needs to be breathing air to get a whiff of anything.  So what's little man up to all day in there?  He's making faces, hiccuping, swallowing, breathing, pedaling with his little hands and feet along my uterine wall, and even sucking his precious little thumb!

Almost 9 weeks until we meet our little guy!!!

1 comment: