Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, February 2, 2012

28 weeks

Well, helllllllooooooo there, 3rd trimester!  My, how you've come up awfully quick on us!  I cannot believe we have already gotten to this point...CRAZY.  This past week has been rough because I woke up on Friday with a fever over 100 and a pretty nasty pain in my ear.  I kinda sensed something was coming on because Thursday afternoon, I could just feel it and then by Thursday night, I couldn't breathe...like, not even a little bit.  It was raunchy.  Well, I ended up going to school (gotta save my days!) and made it through the day (barely - and only because of mi madre who came over to bring me some meds and relief) and then went to the doctor.  As soon as she looked in my ears, the doctor said, "ahhhh!  You actually worked with THIS?!?"  I had a double ear infection and a sinus infection.  Obviously, there is not too much I can take...so I got an antibiotic, ear drops, and nose spray.  By Tuesday, it had moved to my chest (which I'm fairly certain it originated anyway) and I had quite the funky cough...so then, getting cough syrup that is safe for Jackbaby was a task too!  My family physician felt more comfortable with my OB prescribing something and she wasn't in the office until 1...so it was a long process to get something called in to my pharmacy, but I'm feeling much better!

I had my glucose test today.  I was so nervous about this because well, me likey the sweets! I got there and checked in and then the receptionist gave me my orangey drink to get down in 10 minutes and then I had to wait an hour to get blood drawn. I won't know my results for a few days, but my urine tests showed no glucose or protein and my blood pressure and all else was great so she said she anticipates me to be good.  We will know for sure when the results are final, though!  Fingers crossed :)

I can say with full confidence, though, that people complaining about the drink are just whining...it was just fine...lovely actually!  By the way preggers before me gripe and moan about it, I was expecting something equivalent to the foul barium business I had to drink when they were testing my gallbladder and such a few years ago before I had it out.  Now THAT stuff was obnoxiously foul.  Come to think of it, when B got sick right after our wedding and we had 5 ER visits before he was finally diagnosed (imagine us: brand spankin' newlyweds with a husband having a daily fever around 104, losing well over 25 lbs in 3 weeks, and was wasting away to nothing while doc after doc couldn't figure out what was wrong - it was crazy), I was certain that stuff was pure poison.  He is a drama-king, but I was STILL bribing him with absolutely everything I could possibly conjure up to get that barium nastiness down while he dry-heaved along the way....so, to sum this little tale up, the picture I had about this glucose stuff was nothing good because I was comparing it to the barium drama of our previous tales.  Matter of fact, I was dreading it.  Like I said, I just kept picturing the foul barium taste tattooed on my tongue and my brain, forever scarring my memory and soul.  Much to my surprise, however, it tasted like flat SunKist or orange HI-C, so I chugged it down...I was thirsty and it was easy to drink...less than TWO MINUTES, so take THAT, you complainers...no offense but I feel you were just being too sensitive and susceptible to your mind games.  I'M giving positive encouragement and remarks about it to all you other preggers out there.  Play like a champion, folks.  You can do it. 

Now, onto our little man...the important fella of the year!

How far along: 28 weeks, 3 days

Size of our little Jackrabbit: a rutabaga!  


Maternity Clothes: none this week, but I am a growing preggers.  Every time I go, I have gained weight and it's becoming a bigger (literally) and bigger issue.  I feel so huge and so gross.  Incredibly.  So, I'm putting on whatever I can get myself into.  On that note, probably no more bump pictures...or at least any with my face because I am just not confident enough anymore to post any.  I'm fine with showing my bump, but not with the rest of my body.

Sleep: even though I had a blip in the sickies department, I was still sleeping GREAT!  And then, my cough syrup has been absolutely knocking me OUT.

Symptoms: swelling hands, but NO heartburn!  YAY!  My preggo congestion/ stuffy nose came to a head when it surfaced as the sinus infection.  I am getting quite tired again, but other than that, I'm feeling great!  Pregnancy brain is in FULL force...bahahaha!

Mood: feeling lovely!  Feeling great!  I am noticing that some things are irritating me a bit more, but ahhhh...chalk that up to excess hormones!

Best moment this week: Katie and Lo coming to stay with us on Saturday!  I had the best time with them and am so grateful they came down to see me!!

Other notable moments: hearing Baby Jack's heartbeat today at my appointment and then scheduling all of my next appointments until D-DAY....ahhhh!!!  Next time, I start my two week visits.

Movement: moving all the time!  I am kick counting now and he usually gets in 10 kicks in less than 10 minutes...crazy little bird!

Food cravings/ aversions: obviously by all the weight I'm gaining, I have no aversions.  However, I am still craving buffalo wings and buffalo wing sauce, as well as the oh so yummy in my tummy sweets!

What I miss/ am looking forward to: I would LOVE to be able to partake in some indulgences on Super Bowl Sunday, but I am quite excited about Beth and Kody coming over to celebrate with us...even if I cannot enjoy an adult beverage.  I'll just enjoy treats, okay folks??

Milestones: Jack should be almost 17 inches tall by now and close to 3lbs.  His wrinkled skin is smoothing out as more fat is deposited under the skin surface.  This fat, called white fat, is different from the earlier brown fat  that is necessary for body temperature regulation, while white fat actually serves as an energy source.  Space in Jack's living quarters in there is now at a premium so I'll be feeling mostly jabs and pokes from him.  His tooth buds for baby teeth formed weeks ago, but now buds for permanent teeth are forming in his gums as well.

Only 12 weeks until we meet our little man!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment