Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, February 11, 2012

29 weeks and Nursery Updates

I PASSED MY GLUCOSE TEST!!!  YAAAAAAY!!!  I don't know why I was so nervous, but I heard back from them on Monday and they said all looked great!  The only bit of news that did "throw me off" a bit was that I am anemic.  No big deal, but with all my medical issues I've had, I've never heard that.  Crazy!  Now, I have to take a daily iron supplement.  Again, no biggie, but she said that could explain me being lightheaded and dizzy at times.  Random!


AND...I spoke too soon about being over the sickies.  I just wasn't feeling too much better and my cough was getting more and more FOUL by the day.  So, after two rounds of antibiotics, ear drops, and 3 cough syrups, my OB thought it was time to go back to my family physician and I'm so glad I did!  You see, last year, I woke up with a really high fever and felt beyond awful.  Turns out, I had pneumonia...and it was over Thanksgiving; thus, I don't remember much about that last T-day, but I do know that I don't want pneumonia again...it wasn't pretty.  My family doctor listened to my cough and my lungs and said it was sounding pretty raunchy in there and we needed to nip this in the bud immediately because yes, you guessed it, this could develop into pneumonia again FAST.  eeeeeek!  No bueno! Therefore, I am so, so glad I didn't wait longer to go see him!  He found that I still have an ear infection too and my sniffles aren't too much better either so now I'm on a different antibiotic, have new drops, new cough syrup, and...I GOT A SHOT (YAY!).  I love my old school doctor - he makes everything...and I DO mean everything, BETTER!  

How far along: 29 weeks, 5 days

Size of our little Jackrabbit: an acorn squash!  What is that?!?  


Maternity Clothes: none this week, but I practically wore yoga pants like every. single. day.

Sleep: sleeping GREAT (knock on wood, but the bottom has yet to drop out on this!).  On Wednesday night, I went to bed before 8 and it was lovely!  I woke up feeling so refreshed!  I told B, I may have to do that more often because I felt so amazing the next day!  

Symptoms: same as last week - swelling hands, and pregnancy brain out in full force, but NO heartburn!  YAY!  It seems that I have given Jack's Daddy my sickies though...booooo. You saw before that I said I passed my glucose test, so that's good!  But now, I have an explanation to my lightheaded/ dizziness I can tend to get...I'm anemic.  Had NO clue!  Ha.  No biggie though, just an iron supplement to add to my daily regimen.  


Mood: I am a bag of an emotional mess.  Seriously.  I dropped BBQ leftovers in a glass bowl as I was pulling it out of the fridge and I cried.

Best moment this week: On Monday night, B and I were going to bed, well, Jackbaby was not interested in that idea whatsoever.  He was literally ALL. OVER. THE. PLACE. and it was hysterical.  It gave me the giggles.  BIG TIME.

ALSO,
our glider came in!!!  Waaaaa HOOOOOO!!!!  So pumped!

Other notable moments: finding a super cool light fixture that isn't girly at all at my favorite vintage store for J's bedroom!

Movement: SEE THE ABOVE STORY FOR BEST MOMENT THIS WEEK - all about his movement!  I love, love, love feeling my precious little guy in here!

Food cravings/ aversions: my appetite has kind of gone down this week.  I haven't been eating as much as I was which is a tremendous thing because I DO NOT need to gain anymore weight except in Jackbaby's area!  As far as cravings go, I haven't really been wanting too much as nothing really sounds wonderful, but I'll always want buffalo wings, buffalo wing sauce, and sweets!  I got several bottles of Frank's Hot Buffalo Wing sauce last Friday at Meijer, and I've already crushed one of them.  Record time.  I put it on everything.  SERIOUSLY!

What I miss/ am looking forward to: Valentine's day!  And not because of the hype of the holiday or any of that silly stuff (I mean, B and I HAVE been together for 9 years now), but because I feel it has new meaning for me now!  B and I have always been in love, but I feel even more of a connection to him now that we are having a child together.  I find us even closer than we were and all because of another man in my life!  Crazy to think how "family" has a brand new meaning for us!



Also, Jack's Poppy is having quite the milestone of a birthday on Wednesday!  Sorry Pops, but the world is going to know that that age number is freaking you out a bit.

Milestones: Jack gets quite the hiccups these days!  He is about 17 inches long and the size of a butternut or acorn squash, weighing in at a little over 3 pounds.  His weight and height haven't really changed much int he past week, but the big news is the brain gain!  Until now, the surface of Jack's brain was smooth.  Now, his brain is taking on those characteristic grooves and indentations.  The reason for this change in appearance?  Those wrinkles allow form an increased amount of brain tissue - a necessary change as my developing Jackman prepares for life outside of my womb, and the street smarties he will need.  


Another big change this week is his bone marrow that has taken over production of red blood cells (before, tissue groups and then the spleen took care of producing the blood cells).  This is an important step for Jack because it means he is better to thrive on hid own once born!

SO... it's IN with the new (brain cells, red blood cells) and OUT with the old (lanugo).  Much of the lanugo - the soft, downy hair covering his body- is beginning to disappear now because both fat and the brain are regulating his body temperature (so no need for that furry coat anymore).



Only about 10 weeks until we meet our little man!!!


NOW, onto his NURSERY updates!


For Christmas, Jack's Nanny and Poppy (my parents) got us a customized glider and my Aunt Kathy (mom's sister) got the matching ottoman.  They ordered it all back in November and it STILL hadn't come in yet.  Well, last night, Dad just happened to check in with the store, and they had had it for 3 WEEKS, but hadn't called1  Ahhhhh!!!  I was sitting on our living room floor making  valentines for my students when we heard a knock.  It's not usual that we have a visitor later on a Friday night these days, so B opened the door to find my dad holding a big box containing the ottoman!  He also had the chair!  YAAAAAAY!!!  We are so pleased with it...it is beautiful and matches everything perfectly!


This is it in the light of last night - you can't really see the pattern of the fabric

I took this and the next one this morning so you can get a better pic of the gorgeous fabric!

it's a light green patterned fabric and matches everything perfectly!
Last week, my mom showed up with a special surprise - she had ordered Jack's bedding!  It is absolutely AMAZING how the glider matches the bedding - it is PERFECTION with the colors and everything - and, they came from two totally different places, not connected what so ever!  HA!
brown, blue, and green paisley.
And finally, I went to my favorite vintage store yesterday to get some cool knobs for little homie's dresser/ changer when I saw this fabulous light fixture.  All along, I had planned to get this chandelier and paint it like his dresser and add some green print light fixtures, but B was worried it could be too "girly" and my eyes landed on this one yesterday...  I LOVE IT.  Now, how to hang it...or mount it?!?  Should it be the center fixture, or hang over the glider?  Hmmm...not too sure yet!  See what you think!
I snapped this on the way home so B could see it

this is it with the glider - perfect color matches to the rest of the nursery!

No comments:

Post a Comment