Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Halfway check-up!



It is hard to believe, but in ONE week, we will be halfway through this journey...yowza!!  We had our halfway appointment today and to say I was anxious, is a bit of an understatement!  I do not know why I was so anxious because no matter what we saw or what the scans showed, Jack is still our little boy and we love him unconditionally... and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING could EVER change that!  I guess it was just my motherly instincts kicking in as I just wanted to be sure my precious blessing is okay!

Thankfully, our little Jackrabbit is one healthy and vivacious little bunny!  He is a bit on the skinny side, but he is healthy and I know he will most certainly chunk up!  The person who is currently chunking up though, is ME.  I seriously had a panic attack when I got on the scale...quite literally, I was hyperventilating!  I know Jack not just wants me to gain a lot of weight, he NEEDS me to, but I just didn't think I'd gain so much so fast.  The doctor came in, though, and told me to just get over it as it is not a worry at all.  I am just being silly!  I know, I know...but having always been a smaller person with an athletic build until I blew out my knee in 2006 (rendering me to have 4 surgeries and never able to completely recover to work out intensively since) and packed on the pounds from there on, I am just having a bit of a hard time accepting myself and being comfortable in my own skin.  Before I was weighed though, the ultrasound tech did give me such a sweet compliment when she said I had some of the best stomach muscles she's seen (hard to believe, seeing as how I have not done gymnastics since 2006).

Anyway, back to our little man...
Average weight at the halfway point is 9-15 ounces and Jack is on the lowest end at 9 ounces.  He is such a cutie though!  According to the ultrasound nurse, everything looked absolutely great and we could not be more thrilled!  She took so, so, so, sooooooooooo many pics for us!  She was the sweetest tech (hadn't had her yet) and was very personable and engaged in being thorough with all her checks of our guy.  I even told her I was hoping to get some good pics to add to our Christmas card and she went crazy with the picture taking...it was AWESOME!!!

Jack was a mischievous little bunny today!  Whenever she wanted to get a certain angle, she'd have to have me move all different ways because he'd kinda throw his hand up and then roll the opposite way...made things kinda tough, the ornery little thing...tee-hee!  I guess a rowdy boy is what his daddy and I both deserve after the hell we gave each of our parents when we were little!

One thing we did realize though, was that I was right on Jack's due date as it is more around the 26th of April, rather than the 23rd.  Long, and kind of too personal story to blog since it has to do with ovulation each month...blah, blah, blah...it's not bad, it's just not something I'm going to share on the www!

Here are some of the TONS of pics we got today!  Enjoy!














He's just chillin' here with his leg up and I LOVE it!


No comments:

Post a Comment