Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

21 weeks!



I don't know if you feel this way too, but I feel as if this week is drrraaagggggging by.  Maybe it's because we have two weeks off after this one and there is just. so. much. to. get. done.  Maybe it's because my workload has only escalated, not decreased before this break...or maybe it's because I simply want it to end and it just won't quit!  Ahhhh...3 more days, 3 more days...


How far along: 21 weeks
Size of our little Jackrabbit:  a banana!
Maternity clothes: some here, some there...some everywhere!  Today and yesterday I wore normal dresses.

Sleep: Sleeping like a ROCK still!  Apparently, I've also been snore-talking...or whatever that means, it's according to B. Bear.  It was pretty comical him reenacting it.  I promptly apologized and resorting to giggling...it was like a mix of the exorcist meets a bear.  Foul...cannot believe a lady such as myself would emit such snores in my sleep...bahaha!

Symptoms: Heartburn, heartburn, heartburn.  Like, bad.  Ugh.  I've also actually kind of gone back to my first trimester symptoms here in the past couple of days: nausea, no energy, and EXTREME tiredness.  Today, I wasn't sure if I could drive home.  My sinus symptoms have also hit an all-time low so far int his journey...they're pretty baaaad.  All worth it for our sweet, sweet Jackbaby though!  I'd do it all again a million times over just for my precious little man!

Mood: wasn't in the best mood at. all. today.  To be fair though, there is so much going on in my work life that if I was in a great mood, I think there'd be bats in my Belfry or something.  It's just a lot...like a whole lot and this momma is tired!

Best moment this week: Getting to see and interact with many fabulous faces in my life!  First, I got to catch up with Katie (old roomie and BFF from college - you may remember me posting about having to miss her wedding) and Beth (my BFF whose wedding I was in this summer).  I love, love, loooooove them both!
Also, as I mentioned previously, over the weekend, Mom and I went to the Holiday Bazaar at GSE and it was so wonderful getting to visit with so many people that mean so much to me.  It was also their first time meeting Baby Jack's bump!  
Also, Brandy, my friend from Garden Springs, came by school this past week during my planning to bring me SOOOOO many goodies for Jack!  That was absolutely INCREDIBLE of her and B and I are just overwhelmed by her sweet generosity and thoughtfulness!  She is so fabulous and I have been praising God every night for having someone so completely selfless in my life!  
And finally, I had TWO students come to school last week with presents specifically for my sweet son!  People are being so thoughtful to Baby Jack!

Movement: a few flutters here and there!  Yay!!!

Food cravings/aversions: I've been pretty nauseas this week so nothing has really tickled my fancy except for lunch meat!  I actually caved last night and had Jimmy John's.  So far, I seem to be doing fine, thank goodness!

What I miss/What I am looking forward to: a break from school...almost there...I think I can!  I think I can!  Silly sounding again, I was still missing some fun beverages this weekend at our staff Christmas party and going out with Page, Samantha, and Katie afterwards...4 more months til' momma gets a cocktail!

Milestones:  At 10.5 inches and about 12.2 ounces, he's big enough now that I should be feeling his movements, but I'm not too much yet :(  I know it's because of where he is in my tummy (behind the placenta) which acts as a pillow-like barrier, preventing me from feeling him a bunch just yet.  As his digestive system preps for the outside world, he's also manufacturing meconium -- the tarry black substance we'll find in his first dirty diaper (ew)!

Belly button in or out: in still, thank goodness...but my scars are stillllllll stretching.

Have a terrific rest of your week!!!
Love,
Ab

No comments:

Post a Comment