Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Our weekend and some thoughts...

Hola amigos and amigas!  I hope I'm finding you well and wonderful on this cold Sunday night!  Today sure was a BEAUTIFUL day!  I definitely enjoyed spending time with family and then spending some time relaxing for the first Sunday in a while!  I took full advantage of having my school work complete...well, most of it.

Friday was this little lady's birthday...

I CANNOT believe she is 17 years old!  Oh. my. word...where has time gone?!?  It feels like yesterday that I was sitting out in the waiting room of the hospital where my sister, Cayce, (Cathryn's Mom) was screaming every obscenity known to man while giving birth to this little cutie!  That was 17 years ago and now, she is more like my little sister than my niece and certainly more of a best friend, than just a family member.  I am absolutely enamored with her and know she is going to be the most amazing "AUNT PRISSY" to sweet Baby Jack!
Prissy and her Aunt B...I was all of 11 years old when  I got lucky enough to be able to become her aunt!


and now, she's this gorgeous niece woman...

Little Sister...

and best friend!

I cannot wait for Jack to meet his awesome Aunt Prissy and I know she cannot wait to meet him!
Anyway, although it was her birthday, we did not get to celebrate it with her until today!  As I mentioned in my previous post, we have a lot going on at school...which is no secret now as to why, but it has really been shifting the workload onto my other 2 teammates and me and thus, I was at school Friday later than usual as well.  Afterwards, my teammates and I...as well as a few other peeps...hit up Mi Mexico for a stress-free, fun atmosphere to enjoy each other's company!  Cathryn and her friends were off to see "New Year's Eve" for her birthday, so I was just biding my time until I met up them after that when they were out to eat.  However, I went home after Mi Mexico and well, I didn't wake up until Saturday morning...whoops.  Good thing we already had plans to see her on Sunday or I would be the worst. aunt. ever.

SATURDAY
Mom and I headed over to Garden Springs's "Holiday Bazaar" and it was so amazing!  It was beyond sensational getting to see and visit with people that mean so very, very much to me.  I even got to finally see and meet my old teammate, Megan's new baby girl, Harper who is quite possibly, one of the most beautiful babies I have ever seen!  I also got to see my former team teach, Sandy and to say I love her is an understatement!  She was absolutely THE. BEST. EVER. to work with and I miss her greatly...everyday WITH her was drama free and just easygoing...we were free to be, she and me!  It was fantastic catching up with everyone else too and seeing such wonderful old faces!  I also got to visit and patron many wonderful local businesses and Mom and I just had a wonderful time.

Next, we headed out to lunch at Moe's (my obsession that B never wants to take me to since it is such a H.I.K.E. from our house) and then did some furniture shopping for Baby Jack.  Most people know that I am a vintage L.O.V.E.R. so we hit up some stores to see just that!  Mom and my Aunt Kathy had seen a dresser at a store that they thought I'd like for Baby Jack to paint and use as his dresser/ changing table up top.  Sadly, I did not enjoy it too much, but found some other great pieces at fantastic prices!  I also saw this that is now my newest obsession that I think we HAVE. TO. HAVE. for his bedroom...it the headboard and foot board for a twin bed frame for the nights when Mommy or Daddy may have to camp out next to a crying baby...


SATURDAY NIGHT
It was my new school's STAFF CHRISTMAS PARTY!  And well, we had such a BLAST!  I drove my two teammates, Samantha and Page, as well as one of the 5th grade teachers, Katie, to the party in Georgetown, held at our Primary PSA's house.  She is absolutely beautiful and has the house and family to match!  We really had a tremendous time!  Here are some pics of my loves from school...I am SO GRATEFUL to have these A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. people in my life!
Love, love, looooooove Sweet Sammy!!!

with Rachel and Samantha

My FABULOUS teammies...Samantha and Page
("Sammy"/"Sheryl" and "Peggy," as I call them)

SUNDAY:
Like I mentioned, Sunday is the day we had arranged to celebrate Prissy's birthday with the fam so we met Mom and Dad with Cathryn at RedLobster in Hamburg for lunch.  It was fabulous getting to visit with the parentals, per usual and I was glad we got to celebrate Priss's birthday with her!

We had a tremendous...and busy weekend!  And hope you did too!

Also, here is what I have been thinking....
Color me crazy...or just color me happy because I have been thinking about dying my hair again.  Maybe it is because I am a little bored with the color I have now, I mean, I've been this way for years...and years...and year...or maybe I'm just itching for change since I cannot tan and have to limit any big changes to myself with a baby cooking in there, but I don't know...
Right after B and I got married (3 1/2 years ago...yowza...THAT long, huh?!?), I had this same hankering and dyed my hair dark.  Like really dark. Like so dark it was almost brown.  Most people were so taken aback by the change that my usual reaction was, WOW, followed by shock of how different I looked.  My mom pleaded with me to go back blonde, but now looking at the pics of the brown, I'm kinda looking to maybe change things up a bit again...or maybe not.  Maybe I just need to wait until after he's born.  I think I look better with the dark hair if I'm tan and well, tan is something I most certainly am not right now.  Also, in the summer, my hair gets way lighter than it already is, so maybe I should just wait until NEXT fall/ winter and then may not want to at all?  In the meantime, here are some pics so you can get a visual aid...


excuse my foulness, this was two days after a MAJOR surgery


No comments:

Post a Comment