Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, December 4, 2011

our weekend!

We had a bit of a busy weekend!  But in all honesty, life hasn't settled down too much from this summer where we were constantly going, going, going, and I think it has just become the "norm" for us...it almost feels a little "weird" when we don't have anything to do.  While it is nice to rest, I sure do enjoy getting out and about with my boy before another little fella steals a lot of our one-on-one together time in a little over 4 months...

Anyway,
Friday, I went up to 'Mi Mexico' for an 'FFFF' with the peeps at school.  This is a monthly social outing with the lovely people I work with and I haven't been able to attend the past two and boy am I sad that I did, because it was an absolute BLAST!  I had so much fun visiting with everyone and getting to know some that I rarely get a chance to actually interact with in an adult setting!  I really had such a phenomenal time and I can't wait to do it again!  


However, it is a rarity that I will indulge in Mexican food because it is just not something I crave too much, OR it makes me sick once I eat it.  Being pregnant means that I also cannot eat the Queso cheese dip (white queso soft cheese is considered a serious "no-no" in pregnancy food standards) and that is basically what they put on E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. at those establishments, hence the food being so yummy.  Most people were not eating, but the two gals I was sitting next to ordered a dish called, "El Mexicano" and it was marinated chicken topped with chorizo and a melted shredded cheese blend (NOT the Queso...I was sooooo pumped because I was actually craving some goods from there!).  As soon as they got it, my body wanted nothing else...they let me try some and it was fantastic!  Thus, I called B to ask if he'd like me to order "to-go" and he jumped on that opportunity (remember, I told you...I never want Mexican food) so I got my very own order to bring home.  By the time I got it home, however, the alien heartburn (note this strange life-form from a few posts ago) resurrected and I was M.I.S.E.R.A.B.L.E. to say the least (and that was from only 2 or 3 bites of a friend's dish).  I spent the rest of the night in agony and called it "lights out" on myself by 9.

SATURDAY:
We slept in way late and when we woke up, I ran to Panera and Sonic for some of mine and B's breakfast favorite goodies (a Panera Cinnamon Crunch bagel with Hazelnut cream cheese for me, and a Meat and Cheese burrito from Sonic for B), and I got back in time to watch the UK vs. UNC game.  What an exciting game that was...to say the least!  Like I said before, I can't say it was pretty, I can't say we played a good game, I can't even say we earned it, but I can say, "WE WON" and that's enough for me!  I'm such a pouter about UK games though, the minute we start playing bad, I get very angry and start yelling at every player for everything.  I can say this though: I am just not on the Marquis Teague bandwagon this year.  I literally can barely stand him.  Anyway, we won and that's what matters!  What comforts me is knowing that UNC basically played the best game they could possibly play, while we played quite possibly one of the worst and we STILL. BEAT. THEM.  Holler!


Saturday evening, we had two things to go to.  First, was my longtime friend, Rachel's wedding.  We have been friends since elementary school and it was beyond sensational getting to be there for her special day while she married the man of her dreams.  It seems like yesterday we were playing "M-A-S-H" at a sleepover or in the back of Sunday service as 11 / 12 year olds, imagining who these boys would be that we'd end up with.  Our tastes sure have changed...for the better!  She and Alex were absolutely blissful through the whole ceremony and Rach, per usual, looked beyond incredible, as did all of the bridesmaids (love you girls!). It was also nice getting to see so many friends that I grew up with back home AND be back in the place where B and I said, "I-Do" almost 3 1/2 years ago too (where my parents got married, as well)!
Mr. and Mrs. Marks!

Got to see this little lady...my former partner in crime, Jackie "Worm" Charles!  We were absolutely ATTACHED at the hips in high school and well, she's my special girl!

beautiful bride and groom!

Aren't these THE MOST precious things, EVER?!?  Love them!
Sadly, we were unable to attend the reception, though, because B had a work dinner that we missed last year and couldn't miss this year.  We had a blast eating and visiting with his work people...they are so fun!  We also stopped on the way to the dinner at Griffin Gate to pick up a gift for my secret pal at work...while there, B found these little UK booties for newborn and we were both smitten so Jack ended up with his very first present picked out by his Daddy!


Here are some pics from the dinner at Griffin Gate (they're not the best quality because they were taken from my phone, by B's boss as we were laughing at B the whole time!).




This one is REALLY blurry because of shaky, laughing hands!




No comments:

Post a Comment