Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, November 28, 2011

it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...and at 19 weeks!!!

ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE pic of me...but 19 weeks, here we are!

yet ANOTHER horrendous pic of me...but B looks good and here's Mommy and Daddy at 19 weeks preggo!


Hola Amigos and Amigas!!  I hope your Thanksgiving found you well and wonderful and you got to spend LOTS and LOTS of time with your loved ones!  We sure had a MAGNIFICENT Turkey Day, celebrating in Indianapolis with Brad's family, per our usual festivities.  It is always a BLAST around his family and we are head over heels for our nephew, Spencer, and our niece, Jillian ("Jilli-Bean" to most) who make it all that much more fun!  


Every year, my MIL (mother-in-law, Melva) and my SIL (sister-in-law, Christi) and I go and hit up all the Black Friday action.  Last year, we stood in line outside of Toys-R-Us so I could get the awesome Buzz Lightyear for Shawnee and at Old Navy for their amazing deals at midnight...and I had pneumonia!  It was awful for my health, especially with being as horribly ill as I was (that is honestly the ONLY thing I remember about last Thanksgiving...ha!  Guess I got some pretty terrific and good, potent meds, huh?!?) but well worth it in the end and we had such a great time doing something a little crazy!  This year, however, when it came time to head out for Wal-Mart, Target, and others on Thursday night/ early Friday morning, we were too pooped and didn't make it!  We did go in the actual daylight hours of Black Friday, though, and I got a fabulous red peacoat from Old Navy at an AMAZING price...$25 and Christi and Melva got tons of great deals too!  I also had to be sure to hit up Victoria's Secret because I LOVE getting the free bag each year!   This year, did NOT disappoint and to get the bag, I got the most fabulous "PINK brand" robe that I have not taken off since...well, except to go to school today! 

When B and I got home Saturday, we watched the UK vs. UT game (obviously! and well, we were so proud of our C-A-T-S!!!) and then put up all of our Christmas decorations.  Here they are around our humble abode:
our dining room table - view from the dining room into the living room

my homemade centerpiece 

view from the front of the table to the back

scaled back view - we asked for new and upholstered chairs for Christmas :)

love my reindeer!

up close view of my homemade winter floral centerpiece

our tree - no presents under it yet!

angel door hang on interior door

Our UK ornament tree (sadly, one ornament didn't survive from last year...boooo)

front of our house with wreath and lights on Holly bush and Magnolia bush

view of lights from end of driveway - yes, we are amateurs at light hanging!
Finally, we spent all day Sunday vegging out and watching football (well...B watched the football, I lounged on the couch in my soft and plush new robe while reading on my Kindle...I finished TWO and a half books...just on the ride to and from Indy and then on Sunday...wooo hooo, that NEVER happens during the school year so it was nice having some 'me' time to read and do what I wanted to do!) and letting reality set back in before heading back to work.

NOW, onto updates about our precious little guy...


How far along: 19 weeks



Size of our little Jackrabbit:  a mango!



Maternity clothes: still wearing most of my old clothes since they are dresses.  Since I am not much a fan of jeans or constricting pants to begin with, I do wear yoga pants and pass them off as "pregnancy stretchy pants" (don't judge me...it works!!!).  My main issue now is that my already generously proportioned 'ta-tas' are getting even bigger and well, I DO NOT need THAT!


Sleep: Still sleeping well!  Except for Saturday night, I had a terrible time falling asleep...2 hours after B and I laid down was the last time I looked at the clock so I guess I passed out around then.

Symptoms: Heartburn and 'phantom gallbladder' pains still, but not as bad as before.  I usually try to take a Zantac before a meal that I'm certain will aggravate my upper abdomen region and that helps quite a bit.  I am still taking Phenergan almost nightly.

Mood: it's always tough going back to work after an extended break...but this little 5-day one is nothing compared to what I will have in the spring and on into the summer...ahhh!  I was actually in quite the delightful mood while heading to school today...that is, until I got there and saw that someone had stolen boxes of cereal out of my snack supply.  We haven't grocery shopped this week since we just got back Saturday and since we had NO food at home, I didn't sweat it because I keep breakfast foods at school for these types of situations (meaning, me excessively hitting the 'snooze') AND for snacks.  Well, getting to school and seeing that one of my "precious lovelys" had taken the very food I was depending on?!!? I lost it.  Needless to say, it didn't go over too well, and I was more than upset, I was hurt!  And taking it from a pregnant lady?!?  It's one thing to take from me, but if it's going to affect my child...oh yes, I will get nasty.  I cried.  And cried.  And yelled.  And griped.  And cried some more.  It was hard finding something to be thankful for in THAT situation because it was done out of selfishness, not desperation.  What can I say?  I'm pregnant, I'm hormonal, I'm emotional, I'm a mess.

Best moment this week: Jack getting to be around and spend much time with his "Mamaw" (B's mom), "Papaw" (B's dad), "Aunt Sis" (B's sister - Christi), "Uncle Joe" (Christi's hubby and our brother-in-law), cousins JilliBean and SpenceMan (Christi and Joe's children), "Nanny" (my mom), "Poppy" (my dad), "Aunt Priss" (my niece, Cathryn - whom I refer to as "Priss" or "Prissy" and is more like my little sis, than my niece), "Aunt CC" (my sister, Cayce - whom we call by her initials, CCB), and cousin Shawnee (Cayce's son - our nephew and Cathryn's little brother)...even if it was through a barrier!  It was nice getting to see my sis and seeing her doing well and in good shape.  I must admit, I was a bit apprehensive about things, but she was great and looks wonderful so it was a really good experience overall!  

ALSO, we need something clever for Jack to call his "Uncle Joe".  Any ideas?!!!?  B's sis will be "Aunt Sis", Cathryn is "Aunt Priss", my sister is "Aunt CC", and my brother is "Uncle Roo" (long, but cute story that goes back to 17 years ago when Cathryn was a baby)...so we have all these cute names...and then Joe does not have one, but we're stumped for ideas!!!  Do you have any?!!??


Movement: STILL not feeling little man just yet :(
                                            ...but anxiously looking forward to it!

Food cravings/aversions: Cherry Pop-Tarts and Buffalo Wings, per usual on the wings, though!

What I miss/What I am looking forward to: this was mine and B's 9th Thanksgiving celebration together with his family, but the very first in which I was not able to indulge in spirits.  That was quite tough because these get togethers are a blast, but are even more so because everyone is just down for having fun!  I am looking forward to my Winter Break starting 14 school days from today...hollllllerrrr!!!


Milestones:  Jack's sensory development is exploding!  His brain is designating specialized areas for smells, taste, hearing, vision, and touch.  He may also be able to hear my voice now...thus, Daddy's too, so B has been spending lots of "tummy time" with our boy!  He weighs about 8 1/2 ounces (half of a pound...he's a whopper!) and measures over 6 inches (top to bottom!).  Jack's kidney's continue to make urine and the hair on his scalp is sprouting.  A waxy, protective coating called the "vernix caseosa" is forming on the skin to prevent it from pickling in my amniotic fluid.

Belly button in or out: in, but my scars from my surgeries in years past are STILL stretching.  One of Christi's friends at JilliBean's 2nd birthday party told me that her gallbladder scars actually stretched so much that they split open and bled...I do not think I am too far from that endeavor!

Thanks for reading and catching up with us!  We'd love to stay updated with YOU too!
Love, 
Abby



No comments:

Post a Comment