Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, November 21, 2011

18 weeks!

How far along: 18 weeks

Size of our little Jackrabbit:  a sweet potato!




Maternity clothes: since I typically wear dresses, I am still able to wear most of my old clothes (except skirts).  I did wear a pair of corduroy pants today that are NOT maternity...but I had the button undone with my "Belly Band" over it  They were still quite comfy!

Sleep: I am sleeping well...almost too well, which scares me!  Too much of a good thing?  Let's hope not!  Usually, I am completely zonked out by 9 or 10 at night, if not earlier.  If I go later, I am completely out of it and watching the minutes tick by until I can go to bed.

Symptoms: heartburn, heartburn, heartburrrrrn.  Also, last night, I got incredibly dizzy while getting ready to take a shower.  Luckily, I knocked some stuff over and B was upstairs too so he could run to my aid quickly as I was going dowwwwwn.

Mood: Feeling pretty spunky and super excited that Thanksgiving is this week!

Best moment this week: Spending time with both sets of grandparents and families and cousins this week for Turkey Day!

Movement: Not feeling little man just yet...but anxiously looking forward to it!

Food cravings/aversions: I am really loving brussel sprouts

What I miss/What I am looking forward to: I definitely miss having an adult beverage or two, I miss not being able to eat lunch meat, and I miss not having to sit up for a few hours after I eat to avoid heartburn.  BUT...it's all worth it for our precious little man that I am sooooo looking forward to feeling here in the next couple of weeks and then meeting in a little over 4 months!  

Milestones: 
Many of the bones in Jack's body are starting to harden.  Among these first bones to develop is the inner ear which is part of the reason why he may be able to hear sounds such as my heart beating or my tummy growling.  He's busy flexing arms and legs movements in there too!


Belly button in or out: in, but my scars from my surgeries in years past are stretching.  I even had one that was inside my belly button, now outside of it and stretching...ahhhhh!!!  These 1-2" scars are going to get HUUUUUGE...AHHHHHHH again!!! 

1 comment:

  1. With all that heartburn, I'm gonna go ahead and predict that baby Jack will be born with a head full of hair! Glad you're doing well :)

    ReplyDelete