Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

16 weeks!

We're chugging right along to 16 weeks!  I feel like time is starting to move a bit quicker now...it's hard to believe we're almost halfway through...CRAZY, actually!  We are also absolutely LOVING knowing if our little sweetpea is a he or she...it is so much more fun actually referring to him by name, JACK!
Jack is ready for next fall because his Nanny got him these oh so precious boots!!!

The Thomases over here are feeling so spoiled!  Baby Jack has gotten several gifts and Momma over here has gotten lots of clothes from Jack's Nanny and Great Aunt Kathy!  Since most of you know my stance on clothes (I have a "thing" about repeating...incredibly stupid, yes I know.  AND I'm not big on wearing pants...I love dresses!), I have still been able to wear most of my regular dresses because dresses are obviously looser and have more room for growth than pants or my skirts.  However, my mom and her sister (my Aunt Kathy) have been hitting up the maternity section at Macy's and I am loving all the goods!  They just feel so nice :)
Aunt Kathy bought this little cutie for Jack's travel system!

Here's Jack's cousin, Shawnee, the Birthday Boy!
How I'm feeling...
I guess I got a little ahead of myself by saying I felt GREAT before because now, I've almost backtracked to the 1st trimester symptoms.  I do have more energy during the day, but last week and this week, I have been feeling waaaaay nauseas and have gotten sick several times.  We went to dinner for Shawnee's birthday last Friday (he's 6...YIKES!) and I could not eat :(  Wahhhhhhh!  That has been happening quite a bit here recently so double boo.  I guess I jinxed myself!  

I've also been having heartburn that just. will. not. quit.  Monday night, B went to the UK vs. Morehouse game and I almost called him to take me to the hospital because I was in such pain...in my stomach, NOT in Jack's area.  It was awful!  And it was NOT heartburn...the best I could describe it to Brad was that it was like two elephants were fighting in my stomach, trying to push one another out...it was beyond terrible and like nothing I've EVER experienced since the week I had my gallbladder out!  Crazy!  I took Zantac which gave absolutely NO relief, but my Phenergan actually knocked me out and I was better yesterday for my day off...just nauseas.

My sore mouth is alllllll good in this hood now!  Guess it heard my dissatisfaction and it got itself regulated.  My lips are not even chapped like they were...HOLLLLERRR!!!  However, my drainage is still here and I constantly feel like I have to blow my nose or get out some nasty phlegm, but we're all good...that's a minor discomfort and I'm actually used to it by now. Yummy, yes?!?  I know you LOVE hearing that.  Awesome. 

Cravings/ Aversions
I've been CONSTANTLY drinking this "pink punch" that I learned the recipe for from my friend and former co-worker at GSE, Maegan.  She would have it at every shower we had for people at school and it was so good!  Well, I have been making it for myself in a little pitcher since I cannot have any "adult beverage" treats to wind down my day and it has been just delightful!  It is raspberry sorbet mixed with frozen pink lemonade from concentrate and Sprite Zero.  It. is. so. stinking. yummy!  I call it, "preggo punch" and no, if you come over, I will not share!  Tee-hee :)  Well, maybe if you're nice :)

MOOD:
Pretty good, despite the raging heartburn!  The students are apparently ready for a break though because they have been CcRrAaZzYyyyyyyy to say the least!  I love them endlessly and unconditionally, but wowza, momma needs a BREAK, fo' 'sho! Thanksgiving is ONLY 2 weeks away!!!  Hollllllerrrrr.

PS, I think I have also been keeping a sane face seeing as how the geniuses at "Babies-'R'-Us" deleted (yes, deleted) my entire registry after my mom and I spent almost 3 hours getting everything in order and registered a couple of weeks ago.  B. Thomas had to give them a nice "lashing" on Saturday because they most definitely would NOT want to deal with me.  However, they would not fix it and now we have to go register...AGAIN.  Grrrrrrrr.  HOWEVER, it was the craziest thing...when we were in the store dealing with that mess, I was complaining that there is only cute owl stuff for girls.  Well, my friends Lucy and Beth must have somehow been listening because that very day, I got two different pictures of owl bedding for boys!!!  Thank goodness for such sweet friends!  Lu and Bethany, I love you dearly and thank you for thinking of sweet Baby Jack and his picky momma!

BABY JACK:
This week, Jack is almost 5 inches long and is the size of an avocado and weighs about 3 1/2 ounces.  His limbs are now much more developed with his legs and arms being much longer and are becoming more controlled in movement.  His skeletal system is developing more as calcium is deposited onto the bones.  Over the next couple of weeks, his weight will double!  I haven't been able to feel him kick just yet, but I am so excited about it happening soon!  

Baby Jack has even started to grow toenails!  Also, his tiny heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day!  
I got this hat for Jack yesterday!  Isn't IT precious?!?  I know it's early, but now he has something for next fall!


My BFF, Beth, found this bedding on www.babybedding.com and well, this is what I want for Jack's nursery! 

No comments:

Post a Comment