Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

17 weeks!

I am really sticking out here, but then again, I am arching a lot to push him out!
Excuse our floor sample there :)  Oh and yes, I got SIX INCHES cut off my hair today...ahhhh!!!
How I'm feeling...
I'm feeling just "okay".  I've been having some really bad heartburn that is literally taking over my body.  It is like an alien life form...no lie!  Last night, I had (yet again) another episode (like last Monday) where I strongly considered getting emergency medical attention and cried myself to sleep after much Phenergan and Unisom.  It actually has me wondering if it is more than heartburn, because it is right up under my right breast and I can feel it down my side and around my back.  Could it be my appendix, perhaps??  It has some rather strange symptoms up in here if it is! It's kinda weird, but I usually am "spot on" when something is going on with me.  The first time I had kidney stones, I knew there was something wrong with my kidneys (I was only 16); when I had gallstones and had to get my gallbladder out, I knew exactly what it was before I got diagnosed...so I am just hoping this is heartburn, but my gut is telling me that this is not normal to be in this much pain and in such a random place.  Maybe it is a flare up of my ulcers, OR an infection in my duodenum which I had alongside my gallbladder issues before the GB was ganked out!  It actually feels just.like.gallstones. but that is impossible because I do not have a gallbladder.  Weird, weird, weird!  I am a freak.  

Cravings/ Aversions
Preggo punch and not too much else.  I am just going with what sounds good at the moment and I have to be careful with the acidity (which I get plenty of in the punch) because that can only add to my heartburn.  

MOOD:
I think my hormones are finally giving my body the "heave-ho" because I am now a bit moodier than in previous weeks.  I'm typically in a fantastic mood once the morning grumpies wear off, though!  Just don't wake me up when I'm sleeping...  tee-hee!

I am a bit sad this week, though, because my BFF and former roommate from college, Katie, is getting married in MEXICO!!!  While I am absolutely over the moon for her and Durr, I am sad because I cannot be there with them and many of my college friends :(  I was on track and set to go, and then we found out about our little blessing and well, B and I decided it became an impossible journey.  It was a well-worth it but expensive trip so we could only afford for me to venture below the border, but then, finding out about Jack changed the name of our game because there's more to worry about than just me!  It was such a sad day to realize that I no longer could accompany one of the bridesmaids in our wedding to HER wedding in beautiful Isla Mujeres, Mexico, but I know it will be the most beautiful day with the most stunning bride and I may not be there with her physically, but I will be emotionally and spiritually!   I love you, the soon to be "Mrs. Kathryn Brannon Holderfield DURR"!!!  
Here are some memories of Katie and me:
Kings of Leon concert at Rupp Arena, December 2009

Journey concert in Nashville - summer 2006

at Kristen's wedding :)

Summer 2006

ya know, we're "hooked"

smiling's our favorite!


BABY JACK:
This week, Jack is about the size of an onion which is around 5.5 - 6 inches long and weighs about 5 ounces (which is about the size of a chicken breast...funny huh??).  And now for the skill of the week: Baby Jack can now yawm!  He's kicking, punching, and rolling around in there, but I still cannot feel him yet :(  I'm so excited that that is expected to come here in the next couple of weeks...what a special and magical feeling that will be!  I know my little man won't disappoint in the movements come here soon!

Jack's nervous system is also in working order as it is maturing rapidly at this time.  Nerves, (now covered with a substance called myelin which speeds message from nerve cell to nerve cell) are forming more complex connections.  And those in the brain are further specializing into the ones that serve the senses of touch, taste, smell, sight, and hearing.  Talking about hearing, Jack's is growing more acute, making him more conscious of sounds that come from inside my body (which means we could both be listening to each other hiccup - a skill he also has by now!).

Thanks for reading!  We love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment