Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

11 Weeks Update



Here we are...at week 11!  I feel like it's been such a long journey getting to this point, but it actually has not! I cannot believe, though, that in just a few weeks, we'll be finding out with this little peanut is!  I can't wait for that moment because as most of you know, suspense KILLS me! The not knowing is already weighing heavy on my heart...of course, this is from the girl that has pretty much found EVERY Christmas gift given to her since like age 8.

Yesterday and today were the first days that most of the kids were telling me that my belly is getting bigger and they can finally tell that there's something in there!  Seeing me get bigger, apparently excites them. They say they cannot wait until I'm huge...whatever that means.  Little Stinkers.  Anyway, my kiddos call it, "peanut"...I know, original, yes? Tee-hee... they make me smile :)  The students really are so sweet and so inquisitive, but it's hard for them to understand that this will be a long process and I'm not just going to get big overnight.  I guess my dress today accented my bump a little better (NOTE: the picture above is from yesterday) and well, I may or may not have enjoyed some good treats this weekend....Hubs and I had Red Lobster on our date night on Friday...yummmmmmm.


How I'm feeling...
I am feeling soooooo much better!  With the exception of my extreme tiredness, I really have been feeling pretty great this week...haven't gotten sick once!  I have felt a bit nauseas at times in the mornings and at night, but that is subsiding as well which is so welcomed!  I can handle getting sick, doesn't bother me too much, but constantly feeling nauseas...now that cramps my style :)  Anyway, all symptoms are getting better and better and I know the next several weeks will continue to be great!  I've conquered any afternoon nausea by simply eating a snack.  So easy.  Duh...why didn't I think of that sooner?

Cravings/ Aversions
Not too much, really!  I still am dying to have lunch meat, but I just cannot eat it heated up...ick.  I'm too nervous to have it otherwise.  Baked potatoes have been my friend lately, and cereal still, as well.  As always, I enjoy a good ol' PB&J too!
MOOD:
Feeling great!  Beyond being tired, there is absolutely NOTHING to make me feel down...this is the best blessing in the world!  I guess you could say I am a bit more easily annoyed than usual (who me?  NEVER! bahaha), but unlike me, I am not venting those annoyances TO those people, I have a great hubs who is there to listen and vent with me in the privacy and comfort of my own home.  I feel like he and I have gotten all that much closer through this journey.  Not that I wanted to before, but all too often, I'd let the stress of my days at work come home with me and affect me through my time at home and I was wrong for that.  You always hear as a teacher that you should not do that, but it's just so hard to "leave it all at the door" when we are involved in so much that does affect us physically and mentally on a daily basis.  Now, however, I am seeing why that is so important to leave that stress at school and not let it get to me at home...I do NOT want to bring any of that back to my family.  As stress free as possible is the way to go!  B and I really are just loving every single minute together!
Baby...
The 11th week means that baby is officially developed enough to be called a fetus.  Baby is the size of a LIME, is slightly more than 2 inches long, and is weighing about a third of an ounce. Also, all of Baby T's organs are developed and he/she should DOUBLE in size by next week!  On baby's head, the ears are moving to the side of the head, and reproductive organs are becoming more distinguished.  Baby's hands will soon open and close into cute little fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under the gums, and some of the bones are beginning to harden.  On top of Baby's head, hair follicles are forming, fingernail and toenail beds are developing, and by next week, the nails themselves will start to grow.  

Baby's body is straightening out and his or her torso is lengthening (sounds like a yoga pose, doesn't it?!?).  He/she is already busy kicking and stretching, and these movements are so effortless, they look like water ballet.  Other "yoga" poses Baby can assume now are stretches, somersaults, and forward rolls.  I won't feel these acrobatics for another few months though :(  Baby could also be hiccuping because his/her diaphragm is forming.  That is so cool!


I got to the doctor on Thursday and then my next appointment should be finding out if Baby T is a HE or a SHE!  I think B and I both think they same thing on whether it's a boy or a girl.  What do YOU think?!?

I'll post about our doctor's visit on Friday! Thanks for sticking around for this long post!
Have a GREAT rest of your week!
xoxo,
Abs

P.S. I'm sorry that I have been tardy for the blogging party...we've had some craziness with our internet-  Some power surge Saturday blew our modem (apparently this happened to several other Lexington residents too?) and the Insight guy could not come until yesterday to fix it.  Yes...random.  Although we have DirecTV, we still get our internet through Insight so it took some time to get our repairs.  I for one, was okay, but B of course, was not loving it so much.  We both have iPhones, but it is amazing how much you rely on the internet from your computer too!

No comments:

Post a Comment