Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, October 17, 2011

Terrifically Thomas times!

My oh my...have WE been busy!!!  I feel like I am so neglectful of this blog that I promised myself I'd maintain, but all too often, I feel overwhelmed at the end of the day and it slips my mind.  Last weekend, we went to Great Wolf Lodge with the Thomas, Morel, and Blank families (as you read in the last post) and then I only had 3 days of school last week because of Fayette County's fall break...yaaaay!!!

I took Thursday as VERY MUCH needed day of rest and caught up on my DVR'd shows in our upstairs living room (yes, that DVR is 100% mine and I am 100% proud of that...no hubs stealin' on my shows and times).

Now this guy right here, has been my friend literally since the day I was born!  His mom and my mom were childhood friends and she brought him to see me at the hospital when he was 7 months old.  We went through every moment of adolescence together and he even sang in my wedding!  Love my Mark Mo!!
Friday, Mom took me to register at Babies-R-US...and I am sooo, sooo, soooooooo glad she did because B and I would have been absolutely clueless!  BUT, I am happy to say that we are almost all registered except for some gender specific items that we'll have to wait another couple of weeks until we know what this little cutie is.  Moms are THE BEST.  Well, MINE is the best.  After registering, Mom and I had lunch at iChing and then did some shopping for maternity clothes.  I know gaining weight is what you do in pregnancy, but I am having a bit of a hard time with how gross I feel.  I just feel like a whale...oh well though, all in the name of a healthy and happy baby which I am already head over heels in love with!

Saturday, we had TWO weddings...yes...TWO, for two of my very dear and longtime friends (since elementary school...yup, we go waaaaay back!).  They were very close in time and I was bound and determined that we could make it to both.  First, was my friend, Aaron's wedding.  Aaron was one of my closest guy friends growing up and was even an usher in my wedding, so there was NO way I'd be missing his!  It was a GORGEOUS fall day (I mean, you saw Saturday...it was BEAUTIFUL) to have a wedding on Andover Country Club's golf course and I especially loved seeing such a dear friend so ecstatic and in love.  Their vows were so genuine and heartfelt...you could just see the love between them...it was magnificent.
Aaron and his stunning bride!


Mr. and Mrs. Aaron Zamora!
I hated to leave Aaron's wedding so soon, and without getting to visit with the happy couple at the reception, but next was my friend Lucy's wedding and there was absolutely NO way I was going to miss a second of it!  B and I hightailed it from Andover all the way back to First Baptist Church in Winchester and actually made it with enough time to get seated before 4:30..we were so proud!  

Lucy P. is one of those fantastic and genuine people that brightens a room and everyone loves. She exists with poise, grace, and dignity and is the perfect role model to everyone around her.  She has an invigorating sense of humor and an infectious laugh...quite honestly, I could go on for days about how amazing she is... she is truly magnificent!  We have been friends since 3rd grade and have always had the best times together, doing the most random things!  One thing that sticks out to me is us getting fake, press-on nails and then camping out on her trampoline with them for some odd reason.  Not really sure why we thought that was so cool, but we were definitely pleased with ourselves. We also had code names like "sensor" or "radar" for the boys we liked...random, yes...but also completely hysterical.  Times like these make me so happy to be from a small town because I still have relationships with people that have been lifelong friends.  Our bonds are so tight and firmly planted like roots of a huge tree, and my people from Winchester will always have such a special place in my heart.  
The beautiful bride and her fat, preggo friend!
Lucy was an absolutely breathtaking bride...no lie, she literally left me speechless, gasping for air.  She is beyond beautiful.  And she exemplifies the meaning of class.  She and Leif are perfect for each other and so in love.  You could feel the magic between them and it felt amazing being in the presence of such true love, respect, and adoration.  It was such a blast at her wedding catching up with all of my old friends and their parents.  B and I sat at a table with Jackie, (who was my partner in crime throughout all of high school) Whitney and her husband, Charlie, (Whitney and I were attached at the hip from the moment she moved to Winny from "Seymour Butts", Indiana in 7th grade) and Kristina...a.k.a. "Krissy Tootle" or "Kriiilllllssss Niiicollle" who has been my friend since middle school as well.  We literally did not stop laughing from the moment we sat down..those girls are SUCH a blast!!!  
Mr. and Mrs. Leif and Lucy Aaron!


Finally, came SUNDAY...the dreaded end to my Fall Break from reality :(  wahhhhh...time flies when you're having fun!  I hadn't gotten to be around my BFF Beth and her hubs, Kody in a while, so we planned a date to Boyd's Orchard and then to see, "Bodies Revealed" in the Lexington Center.  We had so much fun at the orchard going through the corn maze and shopping in the store!  Beth and Kody even had a race atop the hay rolls...it was so cute!
Next, we went to see "Bodies Revealed" and boy were those bodies revealed...it was CRAZY!  Well, and CREEPY too!

I'll be back with the 13 week update soon!!
Thanks for reading!
xoxo,
Abs


No comments:

Post a Comment