Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, October 10, 2011

12 WEEKS!!!

kind of a LOOONNNG post today...
you can really see the bump today...ahhh!
Okay, so I am super sorry about not posting last week at the end of the week...I've been feeling the extreme fatigue to the infinities and it is literally knocking me on booty.  I've had ZERO energy!

Here's gorgeous little JilliBean with Baby T's gift!
Anyway, last week was a quick week and then we had a GREAT weekend with B's family who are AMAZING.  We are all about family time together and this weekend, they took the fam to Great Wolf Lodge.  I couldn't do too much, but still did a lot at the same time, and still had a great time visiting with our sensational niece and nephew (Jillian and Spencer), Christi and Joe (B's sister and brother-in-law), the Blank Family, and Melva and Dan (B's parents)!  It's never a dull moment with any of those folks!  Melva was so thoughtful - she even bought and packed me some O'Doul's in the cooler so I wouldn't miss a beat on the indulgences with everyone else AND packed me my own Lunchable with peanut butter and jelly and fruit instead of the usual deli meat kind...she's the best!

Christi and Joe and their children, Spencer and Jillian, stayed with us on Friday night on their way through from Bowling Green (well, it's not really on the way, but we were so pumped to have them take a bit of a detour!).  With them, they brought our very first baby gift...an oh so very, very precious wipe case!  And what do you think is on it?!?  OWLS, of course!!!  I love, love, loooooove it!


Now...onto Baby News...
As I mentioned earlier, I have been feeling pretty blah blah blahhhhhh because I'm just sooo, sooo, sooooooo tired and have absolutely.no.energy.  Like, at all.  I have been tired throughout this journey so far, but this week, it has hit me with the hotness!  Maybe it's because it's getting all out now that I'm rounding out my first trimester?!?  Who knows, but I'm so grateful because it means my body is working and baby is growing!  Every symptom of pregnancy is a blessing!

I had my second check-up on Thursday and all went well...B was able to swing over too and boy, was I glad!  When she went to listen to the heartbeat, she could not find it!  Even though she told me beforehand that it might be a bit difficult and take a minute, I still had a bit of a freak out, but B was there to talk me through it.  She came back with the portable ultrasound to get a look and sure enough, there was Baby's heart just beat, beat, beating away!  It was so cool too, because this was B's first time getting to actually see Baby on the screen and he/she really starting showing off for Daddy...Baby was kicking his/her legs back and forth and moving its precious head up and down so we could see the outline of its adorable profile :)  Loved every minute of that little sneak peak!

We go back on November 2nd and get to find out what this little Peanut is!  I am not getting my hopes up though, because it will be a bit early and Baby T may be a little shy still...but I am DYING to know what it is so we can REALLY start planning!


How I'm feeling...
SOOOOOOO TIRED!  I was also sick all day Thursday and all day Friday.  I think about calling a sub and then I think about more time to spend with my precious little one and feeling bad now will be way worth it in the end to stick it out.  My Mom brought over a "Belly Band" for me yesterday while I was napping and it felt delightful wearing it over my pants today...so Thanks Madre!  You're the BEST!!!
Cravings/ Aversions
Red Lobster, Red Lobster, Red Lobster.  Oh, and a good restaurant burger that I could Hasselhoff in two seconds flat.  I looooooooove the coconut shrimp from Red Lobster and could eat it every meal if it wouldn't be dangerous for the baby, so I've also been eating a ton of salads this week.
MOOD:
Feeling great!  Beyond being tired, there is absolutely NOTHING to make me feel down...this is the best blessing in the world!  I am still a bit moody in the mornings and a bit lethargic in the evenings, but am still happy with life!
Baby...
The 12th week means that Baby is about 2.5 - 3 inches long which is about the size of a large plum, but weighs only about as much as half of an ounce. Most of Baby's body systems are fully formed and now comes the maintenance phase, during which his/her systems continue to mature for the next 28 weeks and the organs get to work.  It's hard to believe, but Baby has almost doubled in size in the last 3 weeks!  The fetal digestive system is beginning to flex its digestive muscle - literally- as it starts practicing contraction movements, a skill Baby will need after birth to push food through the digestive tract.  

The most dramatic development this week, however, is reflexes.  Baby's fingers are now beginning to open and close.  His or her mouth will make sucking movements, toes will curl, and eye muscles will clench.  If I push on my abdomen, Baby will squirm in response...even though I cannot feel it yet!  

I'm so excited to see what's going on with Baby next!
Thanks for reading!
xoxo,
Abs

No comments:

Post a Comment