Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, June 8, 2013

New idea...

First of all, I would like to thank EVERYONE for ALLLLLL of your positivism and encouragement from my post about party planning!  To say that I am touched AND flattered is the understatement of the century!!!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!  I feel so inspired and ready to get this ball rolling!  You never know where life may lead you and well, I feel that life is leading me towards this endeavor.  I already have one party scheduled in the books and a possible other one for December.  While I am MORE THAN pumped about those, I ALSO want everyone to know that I am available for MORE than just party planning.  I can paint, create, AND design.  Matter of fact, you can give me an idea of something you'd like and I can take it from there.  My promise to you is that my work is not finished until you are 100% satisfied.  I absolutely LOVE creating and painting and can design many things for your home or personal usage. Ideas are ALWAYS fluttering about, I assure you that!  

It's no secret to anyone that I am obsessed with all things vintage.  Last night, I dove into the world of embellishing vintage sunglasses or regular sunglasses in general to give them a funky, vintage inspired feel.  Color me crazy to change an already good thing, but I had an idea of adding a little pizzazz to already great accessories.  Accessories are all about expressing yourself, so I felt that sunglasses are a perfect way to represent yourself in a colorful way

1) I started with a simple pair of sunglasses...


2) Then, I went to my favorite vintage store and purchases some antique clip-on earrings and brooches 


  3) Next, I used some fun fabric and covered the sides with it.

 

 4)  Finally, I added my antique brooch to the side for an additional accent

Now, some plain ol' sunglasses are funky and fun and ready for your preference! I have fabrics of all shapes, designs, and colors, and brooches to coincide.  I'd love to design some for you today...true originals!

Here are some other examples from my prototype collection...
please excuse my glue fingers... These are my favorite

I love the brooch on this one!






Now how do they look on, you may ask?  PRECIOUS!  Here is my niecey niece, Priss, modeling them at the pool today.



Email (abbybthomas@gmail.com) me (or personal FB message me) today about designing a custom pair for you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment