Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Shadoobie

Gone were the days of uncovering gems such as this...


10 week old Jackman
...or so I thought...

You may or may not remember seeing me post this on Brad Thomas's Facebook wall the other day...
Well...funny story.  Turns out, it rang true TWO DAYS later!  It already seemed to ring true and well, excellence struck again just. two. days. later.  Perfect timing!
I was getting ready to put Jack down for his nap and was changing his diaper when I uncovered a MESS.  Literally.  Jack is on some crazy antibiotics for a double ear infection that really mess with the functions down there, wreaking some major havoc and yes, our little one year old had a blowout like a little one month old.  And where was Brad Thomas?  Oh yes.  You guessed it.  And if you did not, take note of the posting above.
Please also note that whenever Jack has a teeny over the top diaper, B is freaking out and calls for a wingman to assist.  During this chaotic mess (me trying to wipe down Jack's legs, back, everything...all with him squirming to get away) I'm screaming to Brad about how he wouldn't be able to do this and would be radioing for backup. Then, in a split second, Jack manages to grab the Desitin and squeeze about a teaspoon  into his mouth.  I immediately start thrusting my fingers in his mouth to "sweep it out" and screaming at Brad to call Poison Control, adding to the chaos because Jack now picks up on my frantic behavior and is a mess himself.  Now, I start to cry.  Jack's crying.  We're all a mess.

It was lovely.

Turns out, Desitin is merely a choking hazard and he was fine...which is why I'm sharing this post because we can now laugh about it and see the humor in the situation.  I assure you though, for a brief moment, things turned to shadoobie.

No comments:

Post a Comment