Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Perfect Timing...

...sarcastically speaking that is...

You see, I seem to have a "knack" for nailing a time frame of things that is just downright flawless.  Impeccable, really.  I am on time everywhere and I make it stress free for all involved.  NOT.

But NOT sarcastically speaking (and to further illustrate my point), I've had kidney stones on the way to Cincinnati to see the Reds vs. the Cubs and B and I had to stop in some random ER along the way, I passed out in front of my class due to immense pain from kidney stones, I tore my ACL on my second run down a mountain on our first day out, I got pneumonia 3 days before Thanksgiving, we missed Jason and Christie's wedding because of kidney stones, I had my miscarriage smack dab in the middle of an 8 week online course, I got gallstones and had to have my gallbladder removed 3 days after starting at a new school, I got put on bedrest almost 4 weeks earlier than I intended to take off for maternity leave...and the list goes on and on and on.  It's seriously a big issue.

Well, this time was like no other.  You see, sadly, Brad's paternal grandmother, "Grandma Betty" just passed away last Saturday (April 6th).  We found out in the middle of Jack's party which of course, was not easy on the family members, even though we anticipated it coming.  She had been sick and slowly declining for a while and within the past 2 weeks, that declination had escalated rapidly.  Immediately, arrangements began to be made and B and I bought our plane tickets to Chicago for this weekend.

Well, Thursday (4.11.13), I all of a sudden started feeling just absolutely HORRIBLE, to say the least.  Seriously.  Around 1:30PM, I became so nauseous and so achy that I could barely speak.  I just wanted to get home and lay down.  Then, on my way to get Jack, I got stuck in traffic stemming from a wreck on I-64 and well, I couldn't hold it in any longer.  I vomited twice out of my car, much to the dismay of many others surrounding my car while waiting in the same traffic (if you saw me, I'm so sorry!  It really is a big fear of mine for people to see me puke!).  Eventually, I got to my parents' house and my mom took one look at me and knew something was wrong.  She said I was "stark white" and needed to lay down immediately.  This was at about 3:45.  I got woken up by Brad close to 6:30 who had come to pick up Jack and me.  While B was getting Jack's stuff together, I knew that there was more to it than the pukes.  I was just so tired and achy so Cathryn took my temp...101.  By the time we got home, I was at 102.  Right then and there, my Chicago trip was canceled.  I was certain I was still going but B vehemently denied that notion, stating I'd be miserable and then could get everyone else sick if I had something major.

I wasn't upset about missing Chicago, I was really, really, reeeeally upset about not being able to be there with my family, and most importantly, for my husband and his Dad.   It's obviously a very, very sad and hard time when a family member (or anyone, for that matter) dies, so all I wanted to do was be there with my other family, remembering and celebrating the life of spunky "Grandma Betty".
this is B and his Grandma Betty many, many moons ago
I went to the doc yesterday and while there, my fever was up and over 103.  Turns out, I have the flu.  Well, an intense virus that almost perfectly mimics the flu.  Who in the HELL gets the flu in APRIL?!?  Huh?  See what I mean about perfect timing?  I guess it shouldn't say it's perfect timing, I guess I should word it HORRENDOUS timing on all accounts.  My "Perfect Timing" title was obviously sarcastic and is a running joke in our family in which we can all have a good laugh at my expense and horrible "luck", for lack of a better word.  Sadly though, I do not see the joking matter in this incident because I just want to be there and with my husband and his family through this trying time. So if you get a moment or are thinking of your prayer list this weekend, could you please lift up B's family?  Could you pray for peace, solace, and comfort in this difficult time?  I'd be very much obliged.  Thank you

And P.S., Since this was more of a serious post, I thought I'd leave ya with a few pics of the Tootie Toots.  He IS our sunshine through ANY rain that life delivers/ dumps upon us at any given time, (convenient or not) afterall.
in his BRAND NEW outfit from Uncle Jase, Aunt Christie, and BFF Holden!!!

Look at this and try and tell me that Jack is not an EXACT replica of his Daddy!


my stylish little cutie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment