Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Shawnee's Birthday and picture overload

... = Jackbaby's busy Sunday!  Today, my nephew, Shawn (aka, "Shawnee") turned 7!!!!  Ahhhhh!!!  I can hardly believe it!  I remember getting the call very early one bright, chilly November morning that my sister was in labor.  I hurriedly stuffed some belongings in a bag and gave myself a quick once over and flew as quick as the law would allow from Bowling Green back to Winchester. I was trying to make it there for the actual birth as I had been there for Cathryn's, but no such luck.  I arrived, and there he was, the most beautiful baby I had ever seen... and oh how quickly he came.  My heart, already overflowing with love for my niece Cathryn, suddenly swelled larger than I thought it could and a new capacity to love was born right along with him.  This bold, little ball of energy stole my heart from the minute our eyes met through the nursery window and I was in love the instant his tiny frame was placed in my arms.  He's my Shawnee and I am wholeheartedly crazy about him...even when he irks me to no end, he is still my nephew.  Today, he is 7 and I have no idea how that is possible.

Mom, Dad, and Cathryn picked him up early from school on Friday for a "surprise".  They already had his bags packed and took him along on their journey. They surprised him with a fun weekend at Great Wolf Lodge and he had a blast!  The only downside to that is, Aunt B and her clan didn't get to go.  You see, places like that are none to accommodating to a 7-month old, so we stayed back and wished them well on their travels :)  Thus, we had a family celebration with the guy of the weekend today.  I got several pictures, but not all are of birthday boy capacity...mommy got a little sidetracked with her precious little man...plus we met Aunt Beff and Uncle Kody's newest addition too....Sooooo, here are a few  TONS for your viewing pleasure...
Jackman waiting patiently for Shawnee to open his gifts

the birthday boy and his gifts

and his interest toward gift unwrapping is lost to this little dohicky....


Toots man and his Prissy!


booooo....the cover is on which means the pool is closed for the winter.
tear  =...(






that's my blue-eyed babe!


this is where I was staging pics in the Adirondack chairs back by the pool while Shawn, Priss, and Brad played with Shawnee's new toys 

can't wait to play with the BIG kids!

Toots man and his Daddy


love my boooooo face!






Shawnee's extra large birthday cake

someone is clearly upset the cake is not his :(

....aaaaaaaand we're back to good...having a taste!

11.4.12 = 7 years of Shawnee lovin'

Happy Birthday sweet Shawnee babe 


since it's such a rarity, i just HAD to get a closeup of the Toots man having a breakdown. It literally NEVER happens, so it's worth documenting when it does.  Sorry baby, but this is funny!

and there's my boy :)

"You talkin' to ME?!?"


I'm jealous of a 7 year old's gift.  I've been DYING to get some like this from LA plates, but with different patterns and designs and our monogram, of course!

NEW SKI PANTS AND SKI JACKET...YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

someone had a wee bit much fun :)

meeting the newest member to the Carpenter family...Drake!

Auntie Beff got herself a new bo, named DRAKE!

Jackman is CLEARLY enthused.

slept right through it all....ha!

oh, there's a puppy in my lap?!?


Aunt Abby and the Drizzy!

Drizzy Drake...the MOST precious little buddy ever!!!

STILLLLLLLL snoozin'!

......aaaaaaaan we're awake and ready to hold Mr. Drake!

"Lemme just eat you real quick..."

I guess we're supposed to be friends or something?




No comments:

Post a Comment