Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Chicken Little

I cannot believe our child has finally experienced his very first Halloween....eeeee!  Growing up, we always LOVED Halloween!  It was so much fun to get dressed up, to decorate, go to haunted houses, and to go trick-or-treating!!!  But of course, my little Booooooooskie was sick :(


Poor baby.  Mom called me Tuesday while I was at school to let me know that he had a fever of 100ish and asked what I wanted to do.  I'm sure I can speak for any mother when I say that I wanted to be with my sweet baby more than anything, but knowing he was in good hands, I sent kisses and well wishes (and tears on my end) and went about my day.  I mean, it's no big deal, really...kids get fevers for a plethora of reasons so I was none to concerned...

That is, until I remembered that he had been exposed to another sickness the previous weekend and got a little worried!  With alternating rounds of ibuprofen and acetaminophen, his fever was only increasing, never breaking.  Tuesday night, he was just pitiful...most definitely not our charismatic, silly little ball of hilarity that we're used to.  He just wanted to lay on my shoulder...no playing, no interacting with Daddy or toys...nothing.  He slept through the night, though, so we sent him on over to my parents' (in his Halloween jammies, nonetheless), but all day Wednesday, same story as Tuesday.  Crap, we thought.  The way he was holding his mouth and chewing on everything, everyone was certain it as just teething, but in good conscience, I still just couldn't let him be around his BFF, Holden, as we had planned and just dressed him in his chicken costume and handed out candy with the Carpenters.


ANYWAY, even though he was under the weather, he was still just the most chipper little buddy and was happy as can be in his chicken outfit as the pictures show below.  Our Halloween was everything I had imagined it would be, even with a sick chick. It certainly has a new meaning with a little one of your own and I look forward to fun years ahead!  Our guy was smiley, he was happy, and he did not fuss once.  Yes, with a fever over 100, he was as smiley and non-fussy as can be!   On that note, it must be said that I absolutely cannot stand the idea of taking my 7month old child around house-to-house to trick-or-treat because OBVIOUSLY, the candy is not for him, but for his parents and well, I think that is silly.  I am not that hard up for treats that I have to put on a big show and get it from others...I will buy it for myself thank you...and something better than dollar store caramels, pennies, and toothbrushes.  Psychos.  I am none too kind to the crazies who ring my doorbell in the same capacity and expect stellar service.  The jig is up...you have a child.  I got some Gerber rice cereal and teething cookies if you'd rather.  Oh, HE/SHE doesn't like those?  Umm yea, get a life. Thanks.

Sidenote, B and my mom took him to the doctor today (momma's instincts, I guess...I just kept feeling there was something else to it besides just teething) and sure enough, he has an ear infection.  Poor little buddy...but he's quite the little trooper...no chicken about things at all...well, I guess you could say, he's a tough ol' bird!  

Here are bunches of pics of our chicken and some of the peeps from his coop on his very first Halloween!  There even a video of his very first taste of a sucker :)





Chicken Little with his Aunt Prissy and the Kentucky Wildcat

Chicken Little and his rooster


Banker family cuzzies :)


Baby Jack and his Prissy!





Mommy's cute little chick :)




he looks like he's about to lay an egg






No comments:

Post a Comment