Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

My big slugger is 30 {almost}

(my little slugger is {almost} 4 months)

On Sunday, August 5th, my hun will be the big 3-0!  Wooooo Hooooo!!!  However, due to other events and prior commitments, we were unable to have his celebratory party on the actual date of his milestone, so I threw it here at our house this past Saturday.  We were blessed with great weather and excellent company and had an absolute BLAST!!!  It truly was a wonderful time and I'm so grateful that all of B's friends were able to come in to attend.

Since my lovey is quite the baseball enthusiast/ player extraordinaire, I made his party theme vintage baseball.  Everything was about baseball and foods/ treats at an old time baseball stadium.  We even had an old fashioned popcorn machine that made quite delicious batches of the snack!  It was fun shopping for all things baseball!  I was at Big Lots, Party City, and GFS so much that week, I'm embarrassed to admit the actual number of times of visits.  Side note, their hotdogs are AMAZE-BALLS.  Real talk.

I had so much fun planning the event and was glad that everyone enjoyed themselves...since this finding a job thing isn't going so well, maybe I should be a party planner?  HA!

We had:
**popcorn
**soft pretzels
**cotton candy
**peanuts in shells
**sunflower seeds
**nachos
**hotdogs
**Cracker Jacks
**Big League Chew
**old-fashioned fruit slices candy
**watermelon
**gumballs
**lollipops
**peppermint sticks
**chocolate covered marshmallows (I dipped them in white chocolate since B doesn't much care for regular and then used red cookie icing to make them look like baseballs)
**suckers with B's picture on them



whaaaaat?  Daddy's the dirty 30?!?  














do we look like old school baseball players??


I made the banner out of old (and worthless) baseball cards

B's BFFs

His AMAZING cake, made by the incomparable Amy Blank!  


Meanwhile, Jack stayed at Nanny and Poppy's.  Here they are in their jammies!

our little Lexington Legend :)




No comments:

Post a Comment