Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Summer Lovin' (part 2)

We've continued the trend of being busy, busy bees!  We've had weddings, weddings, weddings, and more weddings...and birthdays, birthdays, birthdays!  Two weeks ago, we had 2 weddings AND a birthday...PLUS, we have now stayed away TWO nights from our little lovey (one with him with Mamaw and Papaw at our house and the other with him away at Nanny and Poppy's...eeeeeeee!)

On July 20th, I drove to Louisville (while B stayed home with little man) and met my college roomie, Katie, so we could go to our girlfriend (and fellow Chi O gal), Brittany's wedding.  It was BEAUTIFUL...I mean, plain and simple, it was absolutely gorgeous and just saying that about her doesn't begin to do her justice!  It was a wonderful thing being in the presence of such true love as well as getting to be there, celebrating with our gal...she's amazing and we are so happy for her!  Unfortunately, I could not stay too late because B was the manager at the branch the next day so I had to drive back to Lexington the same night of the wedding.  Plus, nursing/ pumping duties called :)
Here are a few pics from the wedding:
she's my special girl :)

Mr. and Mrs. Aaron Metten

so, so amazing 


Katie and me with STUNNING bride! and it seems as if someone had a little spillage...whoops.  And while the vicinity of the spill would make you think it's one thing, I assure you, it's NOT.  Give me a little more credit of handling myself better than that...it was the one glass of rum I had.  hahahahaha

our Brit :)

The day after that, we had plans to go to the pool, but it wasn't sunny like it was supposed to be, so we hung out at our house and then I went down to Beth and Kody's to help them paint their bedroom.  Their new house is coming together beautifully!  B brought Jack down so we could eat dinner and visit.  The following day, the weather was perfect, so we had a fun family pool day (my most favorite thing in the whole world!).

Here's our little guy at the pool...

can we say Buddha belly?!?

lookin' like Daddy: lounging shorts, no shirt, straps on his sunglasses like mini croakies :)

Toots and his Prissy

his rings are his favorite


someone is clearly trying to dodge the paparazzi

"get off my rings, Prissy!"

someone is ticklish 

little lover :)


getting tickled by his Priss



Gah, I LOVE him!

trying to ignore Mommy's camera

he likes when Daddy does the "Lion King" with him 

my boys :)

it was so nice outside (and not too hot) that Jack could be included in the family pool day and sit outside with us under the umbrella in his chair...it was so much fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment