Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, April 2, 2012

Reflecting...

My last day of being pregnant.  Wait, let me say that again...THIS IS MY LAST DAY BEING PREGNANT.  Wowza...those words, no matter how many times I utter them, just aren't completely sinking in!  It just seems so surreal.  Matter of fact, as this time tomorrow, we will be holding our sweet baby boy...after 9 months of waiting and waiting!  Holy cow!  I know I am not the first woman to give birth and I most definitely am not the last so I certainly do not feel like no one understands what this day feels like...BUT, I just wanted to take some time to reflect on the top ten BEST things about the past 9 months of pregnancy for me...

10) the surprise of it all - I seriously thought this would NEVER happen.  B and I had been trying for quite some time and I had almost given up hope.  It was such an unexpected thing to walk up to 2 lines on a pregnancy test sitting on our bathroom counter. I in NO way anticipated that result!

9) telling friends and family.  We had fun trying to come up with different and cute ways to tell those around us that we were expecting!  I think the cutest was my father...we told my parents on their anniversary and my mom understood the card before him, and the minute he realized what it said, he had tears in his eyes.  It was truly special.  Cathryn's reaction was pretty cute as well.  I loved waking her up with a note and her face when the realization hit.  We were so excited!

8) eating, eating, eating...Duh!  While I have NOT enjoyed the weight gain, I HAVE enjoyed having an excuse to eat more and give into cravings.  Albeit 40 gained pounds later (yes, I have come to terms with it), I'm probably rethinking several choices along the way now, but I wouldn't change it for anything in the world because it helped pregnancy all that much more special for me.

7) the excitement of my students.  As soon as I told them, they all instantaneously became my little guardians, constantly making sure I was okay.  They even manned a countdown on our whiteboard and asked about how we wee feeling every other minute.  Kids really are so much fun and their excitement was contagious towards an already overly exuberant mommy-to-be :)

6) watching my tummy grow and grow.  While I did not want to wish away my pregnancy, I WAS dying to have a little baby bump.  It is something I had imagined for years and years, and then couldn't wait for it to happen.  Suddenly, around 12-13, out he popped and I finally had proof that Little Boo was in there!  Now, he is out and about and making his presence known for sure!

5) the ultrasounds.  Every single ultrasound was the best moment of my life.  There was nothing more special than seeing my precious son come to life on a screen.  It has been so exciting watching how the scans change from time to time and thus Jack getting bigger and bigger.

4)  the consideration of others.  Sounds silly, but people really are more considerate of you when you are pregnant.  It always about what's best for the baby and I love that people want to take such good care of our sweet son.

3) decorating Jack's nursery and focusing most purchases on little man!  I have loved painting things for his room and piecing together things for his nursery.  I have also loved devoting so much of my shopping to him.  It's NO secret to anyone that I LOVE clothes and have more than my fair share, so it's been nice knowing that I am in NO shape to buy things for myself, nor have I wanted to...it's been all about sweet Jackbaby!

2) the rich bond with others - especially my husband.  B and I have been together for a long, long time and thus, we've been through so, so, sooooo much and we've survived it.  Being pregnant has been something else to go through together and it has brought us all that much closer.  We know that Jack has to have a strong foundation for a relationship in his parents and I feel all that much closer to B now that we have created life together.  I see him differently and our bond has deepened and become more rich.  We are a team.  I have an ally in raising a child and I could not feel more blessed.

1) the bond with my son.  There are no words to adequately convey how much I love this child...already.  And I haven't even met him yet!  The most magical part of being pregnant has been feeling him inside me.  I have my partner-in-crime, my buddy, my companion, and my strength throughout this experience....and it's been even more special knowing we're in it together.  I am going to miss him in my stomach and feeling him jab, kick, roll, punch, and booty and head-butt me!  I have never...and I mean, absolutely NEVER not enjoyed his movements.  3-4a.m. or 4PM, I have loved every single movement, painful or not.  He's alive and he's inside me and I have gotten to feel the most mesmerizing and joy-inducing part of pregnancy!  Just thinking about it brings me to tears.

Oh boy, am I going to be an emotional mess tomorrow...I just cannot believe we FINALLY get to meet our son and can only imagine the sheer joy we are going to feel.  He is truly our blessing and a special gift from God that will enrich our lives FOREVER.

IF you are out and about tomorrow and have the time, we honestly would love for you to come and see us.  I promise you that you are not intruding or getting in the way.  B and I have discussed in depth about how Jackbaby is everybody's baby and we want him to meet everyone we can.  He's our little social butterfly :)  We also want everyone to share in our joy...so I mean it, come see us...we would LOVE to see you!  We will be at Central Baptist Hospital on Nicholasville Road.  The c-section is scheduled for 10:30a.m. tomorrow (Tues. 4/3) so come on by...we should be there until Thursday at the very least.

No comments:

Post a Comment