Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, January 26, 2012

27 weeks - YOWZA!

Soooo...I feel HUGE.  Incredibly.  Like...YOWZA, huge!  I cannot believe we are entering the 3rd trimester...yowza AGAIN!  Like...ummm...it's ALL happening...we'll be parents in around 13 weeks.  Holy Toledo, that's insane! 
How far along: 27 weeks, 3 days

Size of our little Jackrabbit:  a head of cauliflower.  Eek...not the cute visual I'm going for...bahaha
Maternity clothes: None this week!  Maybe one or two days with normal clothes a size or two up, though.

Sleep: Good sleep!  Haven't wanted to get up at all this week...well, except for today when I was dreaming that Jack wasn't moving and then I woke up and freaked myself out and couldn't go back to sleep.  It was only like 45 minutes before I was going to get up anyway, so no worries really.  I passed out on the couch last night at like 9 anyway so it's not like I was sleep deprived or anything...it was just a good start to my day, I guess!

Symptoms: Still NO heartburn, but I AM slowly getting back into some first trimester symptoms as they creep back in: tired A LOT, lethargic sometimes, and nausea at night.  Like I said, still no heartburn (since I have resumed by tummy meds) though, so all is fair in the land of burning esophagi.  

Mood: Tired, tired, tired.  And overwhelmed, overwhelmed, overwhelmed.  Despite it all, I AM in a good mood most of the time and even more so when my little lovelies at school behave themselves!

Best moment this week: getting to see my family this week for dinner and visiting...I always LOVE going home and was having some serious withdrawals from my mama, daddy, Prissy, and Shawnee.  It was so wonderful spending time with them...they're the best and there's absolutely NOTHING like going home!  ALSO, Shawnee and Prissy BOTH got to feel Jack kick...he gave Cathryn a big ol' punch!  
As soon as I walked in, Shawn was so, sooooo excited to read to me (he's in Kindergarten) and show me all of his amazing math skills.  He is one smart little cookie and I loved every minute of experiencing him doing so well!  As an aunt and a teacher, I am so proud and I cannot wait to hear him read to Jack!   He is going to be such a fantastic big cousin :)

Other notable moments: B's dad came in last night as he does about once every month or every other month and it was wonderful visiting with him!  He was our first person to see the beginning of Jacks nursery and our rearranging in the guest bedroom.  

Movement: He's an active little bunny!  sometimes, he slows down at points and then he picks it up somethin' serious later.  I love laying down and watching my stomach move as he kicks, punches, tumbles, and jabs!  He's so cute :)

Food cravings/aversions: sweets and buffalo treats.  I have been doing some serious work on both ends of that this week.  It's almost out of control.  Dan (B's dad) loves his sweets too, so when he was here last night, we went to Meijer and did some serious work there too with buying sweets and goodies.  Eek...my glucose test is one week from today.  I also have had buffalo sauce in some fashion every. single. day. this. week.  Eek, again.  You'll need this info when you check me into the Frank's Buffalo Wing Rehab Center here soon.

What I miss/What I am looking forward to: Lo and Katie are coming on Saturday...yaaaaaaaaay!!!!  So excited to veg out with my special girls!!!

Milestones:  Jack is about 16 inches (head to toe) in length and should weigh about 2.5 lbs!  While I have been dreaming about him since before there even was a "him", HE could now be dreaming about ME!  Isn't that so neat?!?  Brain wave activity measured in a developing fetus has shown different sleep cycles, including the rapid eye movement phase, the stage when dreaming occurs!  Added to his growing bag of tricks is blinking, and other impressive new talents include coughing, more intense sucking, and better breathing.  The really good news, is that if Jack is born this week (although premature), he should have a great prognosis because his lungs have now reached the point (for the most part) of maturity.  Of course, it's still best if he doesn't check out of this womb hotel just yet...but it's comforting to know that if something were to happen, he should be okay.  

Belly button in or out: in, in, in...but like I've mentioned several times...I feel HUGE.  Yuck, pretty much sums up the perspective I have on my own body image.  

Have a terrific weekend!
xoxo,
Abby

1 comment:

  1. Did you know you can shorten your links with AdFly and make $$$$$$ from every click on your short links.

    ReplyDelete