Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, January 19, 2012

26 weeks!


How far along: 26 weeks, 3 days


Size of our little Jackrabbit:  an eggplant again! OR, an English Hothouse Cucumber in length?  Huh?  See pic below...I admit, I've never heard of that being a term for one either! OR, it can be considered that he's the size of a large head of cauliflower... and eeeee, that looks awful warty to me!   My little man is far cuter than that...bahaha!
Maternity clothes: None this week!  Well, except for my maternity leggings that are so comfy as long as I wear my belly band over them to keep them up...I be gettin' some saggy drawals, y'all!

Sleep: Weird.  Weird sleep, and weird dreams.  I wake up and feel such a disconnect from reality!  On Monday night, I had the WORST time falling asleep...it wasn't until like 1:30 and then I got up at 5:30 so I was a bit of a grumpy bear the next day :(  
Also, if I am woken up, Jackbaby thinks it's time to play and eat so he kicks the living crap out of me and I cannot fall back asleep...so with that in mind, let's try not to wake this sleepy mama bear if it can be helped...weather, phone, etc...

Symptoms: Still NO heartburn!  Hollllllerrrr if ya hear me!  I do have some serious...and I mean serious pregnancy brain up in here!  Ahhhhh...the crazies set in.  Special :)  I also have some preggo carpel tunnel.  Nothing serious, but random...and weird. Lastly, it takes a bit for my rings (engagement and wedding band) to fit on my fingers in the mornings.  After some hydration, some work, and a bit of patience...they slide on around 9ish each day.  I'm sad about this because I love wearing them!  I've heard to put them on a necklace, but I'm going to keep them on my fingers in some fashion as long as I can!

Mood: Tired and I have the grumpies if I am seriously tired, but other than that...it's all good in the hood to be around me...or so I think!  I am freaking out a bit about everything I need to get done (sub plans, Jack's nursery, etc...)

Best moment this week: fun story: I always allow my students to listen to music as they are taking a test.  Yesterday afternoon, we were enjoying some tunes from my phone's playlist (I have one that's radio edit/ school appropriate jams) and "The Dougie" came on.  My students still get pumped about "tha Dougie" and we were jammin'.  Well, Jack Thomas was no exception to this.  All of a sudden, it was like fireworks were going off in my belly...he was seriously bustin' a move in there!  It was so cute too because a couple of my girls were around my desk getting their tests scored and they could see the movement...it was HILARIOUS!  

Other notable moments: Jack's Daddy and Mommy painting and getting things ready in his room!  We had a good time getting together his dresser/ changing table and moving around the setup and things in the guest bedroom to accommodate the influx of furniture in there from the office.  

We also spent Sunday at the McKew's house and it was delightful spending a day with people who are so fabulous!  Yummy food...good company...what can beat THAT?!?  

Movement: all the time!  Even though my little man gets excited to wake up each day and I may not be ready, I still love EVERY single jab!!!

Food cravings/aversions: sweets.  And boy do I need to stop!  My glucose test is 2 weeks from today and well, I'm nervous pervous about it because I think I am going to fail...hands down!  Carbs and sweets are pretty much the only things I want to eat!  Well, aside from anything buffalo wings or buffalo wing flavored up.  Speaking of which, I find ways to incorporate it into everything...it's bad.  Bad like, "Hi, my name is Abby and I'm a buffaloholic."

What I miss/What I am looking forward to: Lo and Katie are coming NEXT weekend!  YAAAAAY yayayayayayay!!!  Also, we are getting Jackbaby's crib this weekend!  Next up, his glider needs to come in!  I'm also looking forward to antiquing the paint on his dresser...I've got a vision and I'm pumped about it.

Milestones:  Jack is over 15 inches in length and weighs over 2.2 lbs!  He's a growing babe and oh how I cannot wait to meet him!  His hearing is progressing this week as the network of nerves to his ears mature.  His tastebuds are very well developed now too which is cool and Jack's immune system is continuing to mature as well.  Overall, he's just the bomb dot com!

Belly button in or out: in, but I'm feeling elephant huge!  I am doing the "fatty rock" to get momentum to up off the couch..bahahaha...you know what I mean! 

Have a terrific weekend!
xoxo,
Abby

1 comment:

  1. I'm very happy you and Jack are still doing well. I will be keeping this blog post bookmarked forever, because someone called us FABULOUS :)
    What a great way to start the weekend.

    ReplyDelete