Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, January 5, 2012

24 weeks!

I already put this on FB, but it was taken as my 24 week bump pic!
24 weeks on New Year's :)
Hello everyone and Happy 24 weeks to my little man!  We got to go check on our little homie this afternoon and all signs point to him being absolutely wonderful!  We are relieved :)  Not that we were worried even in the slightest bit, but my heart still always gets going as we plan to go to my OB...and it's not just nervousness, it's loads of excitement too!  
At school today though, we did receive an email about a confirmed case of Fifth's disease in a Kindergarten class and after reading how that it can potentially be fatal for fetuses and everybody bringing it up to me that it's not good for pregnant women, I freaked out.  Thankfully though, my doctor was not worried.  I have not been in contact with any Kindergartners as they aren't even in the same wing of the building as me...so phew, worries subsided!  

It was also a treat getting to see him since well, he's our son, but I also looked at it as a day early birthday treat...so fun!  Hard to believe we are now 15 weeks or less away from meeting him!  YAY!!  


How far along: 24 weeks, 3 days

Size of our little Jackrabbit:  a large papaya...again!  OR an ear of corn!

Maternity clothes: normal clothes again all week...well, actually...I'm wearing normal clothes but have been getting a size or two larger than usual.  So yes, I am NOT in maternity clothes, but I guess I am in MY form of maternity: normal clothes...BIGGER!  I'm so crafty.  Well no, not really.  I'm actually just having a really hard time with all the weight I am gaining so quickly and am having some serious body issues.  I play it off like I'm joking, but I really am having a difficult time dealing with all of the changes...they're just so hard to take in.  I know it's for a good cause, but I just feel so. so. gross.  And already.  How am I going to feel 10 weeks from now?  Scary.  My doc seemed a bit more worried about it this time too, or more in tune to it.   She didn't say she was worried, per say, but did mention the amount of lbs put on, and encouraged me to take a 30 minute walk each day and watch my sugar intake.  She really seemed worried on my losing end after he's born. more or so, than anything else. I am too.  I definitely have my work cut out for me!  

Sleep: Welp, I was right.  As soon as I went back to school for one day, I was back to sleeping like a rock again.  Seriously.  Yesterday, I almost couldn't get out of bed...I was just so. so. sooooo. tired.   Awesome!  Don't get me wrong, being tired makes things harder and going to work really tough in the mornings, but I am happy to be substantially sleepier now so I have no trouble catching some ZZZzzzzzzzs at night when it really counts! I do not need sleep issues now when I CAN sleep...ya feel me?!?

Symptoms: Heartburn, heartburn, heartburn.  My doctor recommended taking Prevacid in the morning and Zantac at night, followed by a glass of milk...which is right on par with what so many of you have told me to do...so you are all very smart!  My nausea has also kicked back in FULL FORCE these past two nights...so much so that I do not want to be touched or moved.  It's bad.  Hoping it doesn't last long...or that trend ends TONIGHT.

Mood: Although I wasn't too pumped about getting back to reality, I've been in a great mood this week!  As soon as I got back to school, my kiddos made me instantly smile...such a great reminder that I am in the profession I need to be, doing exactly what I'm meant to do and exactly what I love.  

Best moment this week: Jack kicking up a storm (especially when I'm laying down at night or when music is playing), the return to school: the excitement on my kid's faces to see me and their excitement for Baby Jack has just been so contagious...they are seriously pumped about him, it's so sweet!  And, hearing his precious heartbeat today at our 24 week checkup.  She had no trouble finding him in there!    We also had dinner last night out at PF Chang's with Beth and being with her is always a fabulous time!  I can't wait for Jack to know his Aunt Beth too and love her as much as I do :)
I got this sweet little treat from a student this week...made my day :)
I sent it to B...it was a good laugh!  I actually now even have it hanging on our fridge here at home!  Precious girl :)
Movement: His movement has really been picking up...I just wish he'd do it on command...such a great and fun trick!  I love that he already seems to be opinionated...whenever I sit how he'd prefer me to not, he sure lets me know!

Food cravings/aversions: Sweets, sweets, sweets...which I'm apparently going to have to cut back on...waaaaay back on.  I am also craving buffalo wings and Jimmy John's, per usual, so since tomorrow is my birthday, I think I will indulge that craving.  WaaaHOOOO!!!  I was also craving some Shrimp with Candied Walnuts from PF Chang's, so Beth treated me to an early birthday dinner there last night.  She's the best :)

What I miss/What I am looking forward to: There's been a lot of love around this week, so I am not missing too much!  Everyone knows that I absolutely LOVE my birthday...I treat it like a freaking national holiday for crying out loud...but this year, I'm just content!  The girls at school wanted to do a potluck for it tomorrow, but I requested Jimmy John's instead.  And Brad asked what I'd like to do and I just said a night in with some buffalo wings, or buffalo chicken minis from Harry's, or even just some shooter from Steak n' Shake would be enough for me!  I am just happy with life and have everything I need or want growing inside me.  Life is good :)

Milestones:  We did not get to see precisely how big he was or how much he weighs, but I know our little slugger is beefing up because his kicks and movements are getting bigger and stronger daily!  He had such a strong heartbeat in there today...made mommy proud :)  Jack should be around 10-13 inches long which is about the equivalent of a large papaya or an ear of corn.  He should also be more than 1.5 pounds and can be compared in length to be being taller than two juice boxes stacked one on top of the other...and almost as heavy as four of them!  Baby Jack's little brain is growing quickly now and taste buds are beginning to develop.

His precious skin is turning pinker because capillaries are forming under the skin and filling with blood.  Blood vessels are also developing in his lungs, bringing them to almost full maturity- and one step closer to breathing in that first breath of air.  They are actually developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce 'surfactant', a substance that will help air sacs in the lungs inflate once he hits the outside world.  The lungs aren't the only system that's gearing up for air intake, his nostrils, which have been plugged up until now, are starting to open this week and this allows him to begin taking practice breaths!

Belly button in or out: in still, but stretching...it's becoming more and more flat which means it will pop out eventually.  I'm looking at my stomach and feel HUGE!

Have a great weekend!  
Love always,
Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment