Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, July 7, 2013

4th

You may (or may not) be wondering how we spent the 4th?  Why, covered in red, white, and blue while frolicking amongst Lexington, dancing like crazy, gazing in delight at the majestic fireworks illuminating the sky, boozin' it up with friends galore, and grilling masterpieces designed for magazines, of course!  UMMMM....NOT.  No.  Mother Nature is a huge biiiiiotch and quite literally pissed on our party.  Like, totally.  You know this.  It's no secret that we've ALLLLLLL been incredibly displeased with the rain for the past week.  Ugh, ugh, ugh!  It's like I ranted in my Facebook post, "All rain and no pool makes Abby a dull girl."  True dat because this tanaholic chicka was freaking out about losing her tan prior to our beach vacay in this next week!  Yes, shamefully, I admit it, My name is Abby and I am a tan-a-holic. I DID get my sun on today, though!  And will be for the entire next week at the beach...hollllllllllerrrrrrrrr!  Also, if you're bored while I'm out and about, read my LAST POST for some inspiration...or my attempt at helping others.  Whatever, I deserve a clap for attempting to be theoretical :)  Bahahaha.  Seriously though, check it out...it IS a good (and somewhat funny...okay, a lot funny...at least I think so) read!  Boom.
Our beautiful babe!
Aaaaaanyway, we spent our day (despite the rain) loving time with each other.  We cuddled, we snuggled, and we played and played and played and played some more.  Hey, we have a toddler on our hands and he doesn't give a rat's patoot if it's raining or not, he's gonna get his play on...and that he did!  Daddy deserved a day off so we had a nice day of relaxing.  Jack had turned 15 months the day before and got some shots that knocked him on his booty so it was nice for him to get a day to recharge and refuel his batteries.

We didn't want the whole day to mean nothing, so we cooked an AMAZING dinner to say the least!  We had grilled scallops, Mahi-Mahi, corn on the cob, baked potatoes, and this shrimp recipe I'll share below.  It was delicious...and I am so, sooooo proud to say that the J-man tried (AND LOVED) every single bit of it!  I'm so happy we have a boy who isn't afraid to try new things and then likes them!



EASY-PEASY SHRIMPY:
**Preheat oven to 350
**Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil
**Melt an entire stick of butter in oven on sheet
**Slice up fresh lemon

In the meantime:

  • Melt a stick of butter with 3 gloves of minced garlic in microwave (about 30-45 seconds).  Once butter is melted, squeeze an entire fresh lemon into the mix


Back to baking sheet:

  • layer slices of lemon on top of melted butter
  • dip each fresh shrimp in garlic lemon butter mix and put on top of lemon slices and butter
  • Repeat until all shrimp is gone
  • Use Italian dressing seasoning packet and sprinkle atop shrimp on baking sheet
  • Bake 15 min.
  • Voila!  Serve!  DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELISCIOUS!!!!!!  And if my 15 month old likes it, you have no excuse either.  

No comments:

Post a Comment