Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Whew!

Okay, so it's been a while since I've blogged (obviously) and even then, I didn't have much to say, but there's a reason for it...  Well 3, actually.  1) April was the month that just wouldn't quit...it dragged on and on and on and on and on which led to reason number 2) I had writer's block and was well, over it (everything) to be frank; and 3) May has proved to be BEYOND super busy, busy, busy for our little family!  We've been going, going, going and I. AM. EXHAUSTED!  However, summer break is FINALLY here and I could not be more thrilled! This week has also been beautiful so far and Jack and I have headed to the pool for day long excursions which has left me exhausted at night as well.
see the symbolism here?  We've been going, going, going?!?  Man, I'm deep :)

Thus, I'll simply update you with pictures (for now) of what all has been going on with the Thomases and will be resuming my blogging duties per usual now that the rhythm of summer is in full swing and we're getting our new routine established.

Quick Update on Jackman before we begin...
He is full-time walking now (we just have a bit of trouble on concrete and he has a pigeon toe that we're working with the dr on for our best course of action, but the boy is always up on his feet, so they are confident it should work itself out...fingers crossed!); he also has several tricks (including winking, sticking out his tongue, telling us what a lion says, telling us what Daddy says [he makes a loogey hocking sounds because Daddy does it all the time with his allergies...ha!], dancing to every single bit of music [his personal faves are "Can't Hold Us" and "Blurred Lines"], is great at sharing and being patient with other kids, climbs on ANY and EVERYthing...seriously, reaches doorknobs and tries to get out or visit with the person behind the door, tries to "scare" or "peek-a-boo" people, mimics actions, learns VERY quickly, shakes his head 'yes' or 'no', gives hugs and legit kisses, and the list goes on!  I am LOVING this time home with my sweet sidekick!
He walks like a drunken Frankenstein


he fancied himself a little sweetie at Holden's bday party!  Proves he's down to share because this gorgeous girl is betrothed to Holden.  Whoops.

the wink!


At the beginning of the month, we had Derby and my best friend, Beth, was here with her equally amazing hubs, Kody.  We try and do dinner at least once a week as a foursome.  It's lovely.

Next, my students began their annual KPREP (formally known as CATS) testing and that is ALWAYS a stressful time.  I'm happy to report that they survived, as did I.

Cathryn/ "Prissy" had her Senior Prom!
I was enlisted as hair and makeup artisan of course...

Prissy and her Poppy (my Daddyo)

My Prissy and Me!

Hims wuvs his girl :)

The following day was my second Mother's Day...







Jack, Mommy, and NanNan
 ...AND my boys spoiled me rotten :)






We did have a little time leftover that week to build a pretty fine and fancy fort...




Then, Holden, Jack's bestie turned one!  We had a SENSATIONAL time and the boys even had their first sleepover together!


Cradle to grave...BFFs!

The beautiful Poiles Family of 3



Then, Prissy graduated from high school!  Holy moly!








I spent many-a-long nights painting and preparing things for her...

she has an 'A' and a 'B' as well since those are her initials.  These are to hang on her dorm room wall at Hanover.

Priss going through the enormous pile of college "essentials"/ goodies from Aunt B, Uncle Brad, and Jackbaby
The next day was my last day of school...
Group hug with my sweet babes!
I closed out my room and then we were en route to Indianapolis for Memorial Day weekend with B's parents and the extended Thomas fam...






On the actual Memorial Day, we had a pool day!  YAY!  I must admit, pooltime is QUITE different with a 1 year old in tow.  He certainly has his own agenda.



Yesterday, Tuesday, Jack had his first "real" haircut (at a salon, I mean).  When he was around 10 months, my dad did some maintenance because well, kid has got some hair!



I must admit, he DOES look quite different!  In all honesty, I was diggin' his 'Bama boy side sweep, but it was getting some wings and was in the developing stages of a mullet so some maintenance was required.  Now, we have this...


This one shows a before and after :)





Also, now that I get the luxury that I've longed for of getting to be home with my babe, I am responsible for morning picture texts to Daddy and Mamaw.  So far, below is all I have (hey, today was only my second OFFICIAL day of break) as well as the Elmo jamjam pics from this morning shown above...



A few more pics and well, that's it for May...we're dunzo!  Bring it on, June!








No comments:

Post a Comment