Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Easy Cheesy Burritos

It was one of those nights...I had gotten home from work and was none too keen on the idea of whipping up something majestic in the ole kitchen for dinner.  I was tired, I was over it...it had a been a long day...wen well, we didn't have much that seemed to go together; thus, my slate was clean and I had a blank canvas in which I could paint upon ingredients and combinations of my choosing.  That can be an excellent thing or that can be a nasty thing.  Lucky for us, it was a GREAT thing!  I found soft tortilla shells, can after can of chili ready tomatoes, taco seasoning, etc.  Thus, I decided to make a type of baked burrito...we'll call them Easy Cheesy Burritos, if you will.

What you need:
1 lb ground beef
1 can chopped green chiles
1 can Del Monte Chili Ready Tomatoes
I packet taco seasoning
6 soft taco tortillas
2 cups finely shredded sharp cheddar
1 cup shredded pepper jack (I used sharp cheddar with horseradish [found at local Kroger - AMAZE.])
1 Tbsp cumin
2 Tbsp minced onion
1 beer

To make:
Preheat oven to 375.
Lightly spray 13 x 9" baking dish
Brown ground beef in skillet (as it is browning season with sprinkles of cumin and minced onion until all gone); drain and return meat to skillet.
Stir in taco seasoning packet and use beer instead of water (optional)
Allow mixture to simmer until all liquid is absorbed; stir in chopped green chiles, tomatoes, and cup of pepper jack until well mixed and cheese is melted in mixture.
Hold tortilla in palm of hand and spread meat mixture down center, then roll as tightly as possible and place seam up in baking dish.
Repeat process until all meat mixture is used and/ or you cannot fit anymore burritos into dish.
Cover with 2 cups of finely shredded sharp cheddar.
Cover tightly with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
After 15 minutes, remove foil and bake for another 5-7 minutes.
Allow 3-5 to cool before serving with sour cream.

Yum, yum, yummmmmmmy!  AND, I might add, these were DELICIOUS and B and I both agree that they were even better and all that much yummier reheated the following day as leftovers!  

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment