Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, January 12, 2013

SSS

As I sit here on this Saturday night, I've never felt more content.  My oh my how my life is so drastically different from what I would be doing on a Saturday night 10 years ago... and I love it.  I love that I have stories to tell of my days as a young, wild, and free of inhibitions co-ed, but now I love that I am here in my PJs and huge pink pig slippers, watching football with my hubs while our precious angel is snoozing soundly upstairs.  Yes, I may be sick (yet again - my lungs hate me) and that has confined quarantined me to the couch to rest up and get my lungs back to loving me again, but I still wouldn't have it any other way.  In the blogosphere, I always see the "What I'm Loving Wednesdays" postings, but I've never linked up to those parties, even though I've always wanted to.  Thus, since I'm feeling like a big ol' ball of contentment this evening and today is most definitely NOT Wednesday, I have deemed it to be "Simply Sensational Saturday" and I feel I must inform you of what I consider "Simply Sensational"...

...My child LOVING this bullhorn/ megaphone.  Yes folks, he gets on that thing and just babbles and rambles to his little heart's content and it is just preciously hilarious!  What's simply sensational about it you may ask?  Because a kid with a megaphone sure seems like a defining quality of some level of hell.  Not my child...what's simply sensational about it with him?  The fact that he repeated "Daddy" (not Da-Da) 3 times today...and it was volumized to a high enough decibel that it was deciphered loud, clear, and firm not once, not twice, but three solid times.   Love.
I ordered it from the "Books are Fun" rep at our school and intended to have a little fun with it with my students,but for some reason, it made its way home over Christmas Break and now Jack Thomas won't let it go!
...that my child will have an intense conversation with you...



...These fabulous plates collected from my M.i.L and my mother:


My child's eyelashes.  Yes.  Eyelashes.  He gets them from his Daddy and I love that.  Before we ever even conceived a child, we would always talk about which characteristics we'd like from each of us to make that perfect babe.  Ya know, like a checklist?  Ha!  That may not sound funny to you, but it's been a running joke in my family for years and years.  For instance, when I first got kidney stones and started having some of the first issues with my kidneys and such, my dad would always joke about how he didn't order malfunctioning kidneys and he needed a refund.  Or when someone would compliment one of us 3 kids, he would say, "Oh it's because that's just what I ordered for him/ her".
ANYWAY, B and I used to jokingly say our child should have my tan skin, his long chicken legs, my blondish hair, his eyelashes, my nose, OUR blue eyes, etc.  I also have always dreamt our child to have his curly hair as well, much to B's dismay.  B DETESTS his hair, but I absolutely, wholeheartedly LOVE ADORE it.  When it gets down to the heart of it, it's all a joke and absolutely NONE of it matters except for Jack's health...and well, the eyelashes.  And Jack got Daddy's eyelashes.  Whew and THANK GOODNESS because they are what dreams are made of!  Like sugar and spice and all things nice, they flutter like the wings of a butterfly and make his gorgeous blue eyes sparkle like lightbeams dancing on the sea.  Hokey as it sounds, I shit you not.  HA!  There, did that taint some of the too sweetness?

Back on track, I find my son's (and his Daddy's) eyelashes simply sensational...

CREATING: I've had a little window to squeeze in a wee, teensy bit of crafting for our house and for the Carpenter's house (it was their Christmas gift):
Personally, I like theirs more because the bigger letters fit much better than our smaller ones




Chevron print...
on my nails

on my child at Christmas

on my child after the holidays just because I love the outfit so much...

on my child as he sings on Thanksgiving

customized
and here, there, and everywhere!  I just got a brand new presh navy blue chevron print scarf in the mail today...and my M.i.L. also ordered me a pink chevron scarf WITH MY MONOGRAM for my birthday that I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of as well!  I. HEART. CHEVRON. PRINT.


...That Jack now waves!  He'll wave "Hello!"; he'll wave "Bye-Bye!"; he'll wave because he likes your face; he'll wave because it's part of his dance of the moment repertoire.  HE. WAVES.
waving at the camera!

waving Mommy's birthday card at her
My child's love of balls.  Seriously, as soon as we get home and walk into his playroom, he is practically diving out of my arms to get to his little basketball goal and "Peek-a-Shoe" Octopus so he can play with the coinciding balls.  Daddy has also taught him how to get down on the fumble with his little stuffed Colts football.  It's so precious...my boys bonding over sports and such; it's like a stereotypical male fairytale and Daddy/son fantasy over here, I tell ya...tale as old as time, song as rhyme...Big doody and his Little booty.


Jack's after-bath hair.  'nuf said there.  

"Jordaned" head-to-toe.  Yes folks, with the exception of his diaper, one little Mr. Jack Robert Thomas was in Jordan gear from head to foot...literally.  Jacket.  Undershirt.  Pants.  'Melos on his feet.  What can I say?  He most definitely is his Daddy's son.  


that Jack plays so hard, he blows buttons off of his outfits (and one of my favorites too...booooo....).  While it makes me sad, it's also simply sensational because the kid is having a blast with himself, with everyone else, and with life in general.
see?  Button...HE GONE. 

that my brother makes such a unique and magnificent effort to ensure Jack not only knows his "exotic" Uncle Roo, but that his Uncle Roo loves him so much and thinks of him often...even on the other side of the world in China.  Thus, he has sent him a postcard for every month of his life that I put into his baby book for him to have forever.  They are such cute little notes and I know without question that Jack will love, appreciate, and cherish them forever.  How many little kids can say they're getting regular mail from around the world?!?
yes, I photoshopped out some of our address.  You never know the crazies that could be swipin' our addy and hittin' us up in the night!  Safety first, yo!
Our new gate separating the living room from the kitchen (of which Jack seems to ALWAYS want to be).  It came in the mail yesterday and B installed it last night!  It looks soooooooo much better than a barstool on its side and a sop-vac in its box turned on its side as well.  It was miiiighty faaaancy, y'all!  Quite purdy indeed.  Now, we's a movin' on up to a more refined method for keeping our animal in the zoo.
Strange incentive: the kid came free with the gate purchase.  He's now free to a good home.  

P.S., PLEEEEEASE don't judge us by Jack's mass of toys back there.  We are very much aware that it is indeed overwhelming.  Yikes!
Jack's LOVE of ducks.  Specifically rubber duckies.  He has to have one with him at all times, wherever he goes.  It's pretty cute, actually.

My NEW accent wall in our breakfast area - a fancy surprise project completed by my Daddy while we were at work.  It's fancy, fun, textured alligator print and I just L-O-V-E love it - for it's the definition of simply sensational!


...and finally, that my husband allows me to dress our boy in the ways that I deem necessary.  While he may not always agree, he kindly indulges me, going along for the ride and keeping his mouth shut; sometimes, he even throws me a compliment for job well done!  Most of these outfits you've seen before, but I feel it is necessary to show them to reiterate the tolerance level of my hubby.  Not all men would allow their wives to put their sons in a mere fraction of the get-ups that I've gotten away with...and there are plenty more NOT shown here...so I feel they're worth a second glance to prove my stance that my husband's tolerance of my ways is simply sensational














No comments:

Post a Comment